What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And so the search begins again...

Well after finally getting a good look at my supposed N. macrophylla (seedgrown) i looked at its peristome, excited to see teeth, and boy is there teeth for such a small plant....BUT the pitcher wasnt the right shape, is realllllly dark red, and when the pitcher fully revealed its peristome, has stripes....Well AFIK macrophylla doesnt have stripes lol....its most likely an xTM, very similar to that of clone 2 from BE....Now that i think of it, it came from Dom Gravine before this whole big mess happened, i guess i couldnt expect much more....
Anyway its a nice xTM, i just have to start my search again, cant compain too much seeing as how i only traded a couple of seedlings for it.....
xTM001.jpg

xTM002.jpg

I would not jump to conclusions just yet, since I have seen N. macrophylla vary a great deal in shape and color -- especially among seed-grown plants. The coloration may simply be a juvenile trait and the shape of such a young plant's pitchers aren't that valuable in terms of identification. Some of my seed-grown N. hamata were terribly squat and strange looking; but upon maturing a bit, appeared quite normal . . .

man i hope its just a juvenile trait....it would make me one happy man...

Very interesting... I see somewhat of a lowii-type shape in that plant.

Either way, xTrusmadiensis is a beauty in its own right! :-O

Darn. That stinks. Though there is macrophylla available on the market right now... Just pretty pricey.

It is still a very nice plant regardless of what it may or may not be. Looking good!

In my opinion x Trusmadiensis is actually better. Lucky you! :)

You could always send it back to where it came from. But that's all circumstantial evidence. ;-)

(This is meant as a joke)

Back