What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. trun. queen o h X king o s (high or low)

uphwiz

jimmy
Here are some of my pics, ive had mine since the last weeks of november or so, when i got it the growth tip was broken , but in just a few weeks it had produced this pitcher, it was there when it came but tiny,
IMG_0815.JPG
then in a week or so it had started to color up. this was just before Christmas.
you can still see the broken tip to the left.
king+and+queen+trim.jpg
And now . jan 23rd, you can see the two light green pitchers below the broken tip.
hiding in the sphagnum.
trun+tr3.jpg
and the colors are getting very strong , i can see some teeth and color on the , lip?(not sure what you call this???).
trunc+trim.jpg
I'm not sure how you are growing yours , but mine is in a highland terr it hasnt gotten above 76 degrees since ive had it,usually days at 74 to 75, and nights temps at about 59 or 60 degrees. I know this is no ultra highland terrarium, or any thing close .
This plant is a trade i made with back2eight. And now I am a bit confused , ive been watching others with this cross and am getting mixed grow conditions .
So I think I'll stick with her advise.
I'm no expert, far from it in fact:blush:, but it seems very happy so far.
trunc+trim2.jpg

Thats a very nice Truncata your growing there. I'll have to pick one of those up some day. Black truncata is definitely a must have.

"and the colors are getting very strong , i can see some teeth and color on the , lip?(not sure what you call this)." <-----permistone

I'd also love to get one of those, very nice little plant you have there, I love it. :-D

I cant wait to see the Peristome on your pitchers start to flare out more. I always love to see pics of truncatas pitchers. One of my Definite favs

Just won one of these babies off Ebay for 50$!!!! Im super excited! Hope mine turns out as good as urs! :)

natevincent
congrats
seems to everyone is having good luck with these, so you probably grow in just about and condition your growing neps right now.

NAte, I was watching that auction. I hope you get a healthy plant. PM me for more details, but that person doesn't usually have healthy plants.

Back