What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bellii truncata and densiflora truncata

uphwiz

jimmy
just got a couple new nep's.
any ideas on what conditions you would grow these in.
bellii x truncata King of Spades, ... and densiflora x King of Clubs.

Last edited:
intermediate, but possibly highland. I have a large truncata "lowland" that grows just fine on my windowsill which has highland conditions.

Good luck, I'd grow them as an intermediate.

Umm are you sure they're crossed with truncata King of SPADES (not such a thing as king of clubs)? I've never heard of it being crossed with anything else. If it is, should be interesting!

Carn: I betcha BE crossed the King with a bunch of other plants for some interesting hybrids when he was in flower.They probably didn't cross the Queen because then the black truncata seed would get mixed up with hybrid seed.

I'd say that with a truncata hybrid, I'd grow them as intermediates.

Umm are you sure they're crossed with truncata King of SPADES (not such a thing as king of clubs)? I've never heard of it being crossed with anything else. If it is, should be interesting!

King of Clubs is just another male clone of truncata that is dark colored.....the hybrids are legit and for sale....

Rattler- I didn't know they had other hybrids with them, and I also didn't know there was also a King of Clubs. Thanks for clearing it up.

Rattler- I didn't know they had other hybrids with them, and I also didn't know there was also a King of Clubs. Thanks for clearing it up.

Neither did I... interesting hybrids, though. Good luck!

the hybrids are new, just getting to retailers recently......i know of atleast one retailer with them in the states, havent bothered checking others....

I knew they made hybrids with them before, and I knew about those two male clones. This just the first time I heard they were in the market. How many clones of black truncata are there, and are they all named after black colored playing cards?

couldnt tell yah, dont have that info......just got wind of these hybrids bout 6 weeks ago so im familiar with these two hybrids and lil else with as far as these particular truncata clones.....

I find the N. truncata pasian highland and black truncata to still prefer it much warmer than what I would consider typical highland. They are happy with cool nights but need to be nice and warm during the day.

N. bellii x truncata should be lowland/intermediate (more towards lowland) and the N. densiflora x truncata intermediate/highland (more towards intermediate)

Thanks Tony thats just where I'll put them, kinda what i was thinking, after the input from the others here , now its a slam dunk, with your input as well:hail:

We have growers here in Singapore who will be growing both in lowland conditions. I'll update once anyone shares their experiences on the local CP forum. The plants just arrived this week. :)

Nice new plants! I especially like the densiflora x King of Clubs, looks like a tiny 'predator'!

here is an update of densiflora x truncata (King of clubs)
sorry about the quality , I took it through the galss. i hadne noticed this pitcher till i took down the
terrarium yesterday to do some up grades on it, it its first pitcher since ive had it.
It does have anther starting , its younger than this one and some what larger already.
IMG_1352.jpg

here is a couple update photos on these two,
bellii x truncata king of spades , is doing pretty good, i think it is putting some energy into a couple more growth points ? The densiflora x truncata king of clubs is growing very well, and is probably going to have fairly large lower pitchers. the pitcher in the middle was on the plant when i got it you can see it in the first pic on this thread, there is also another one in back you cant see its starting to inflate too.

Last edited:
Those look like they will turn out to be some pretty impressive plants

I finally got mine in of these plants as well, and I am pleased with the looks of them so far. I see color in the pitchers and they look like they are going to be impressive.

bellii x truncata (king of spades).
its actually making smaller pitchers as it goes, they are small i guess its due to the bellii influence. Still pretty cute though.
IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg
IMG_1943-1.jpg
and the newest pitcher on the densiflora x truncata (king of clubs).
IMG_1935.jpg
Hey anyone need some red capensis seeds , see them there in the densiflora x truncata pic , they get everywhere LOL, guess you all know this first hand

Very nice Neps there. Your plants are looking awesome.
About the red capensis seeds, I could use some, My red capensis plants that I had died for me, lol. I can send you some other cp seeds in return.

Back