What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gynamphora tips requested

thez_yo

instigator
All the rest of my neps seem to be doing OK and putting out leaves except for gynamphora. Even the macro is growing faster! I believe it's an intermediate or highland, and it's in with the rest of the intermediates/highlands, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My humidity gauge always says something between 60-85ish percent humidity, temps seem OK, and it's getting lots of direct sunshine (3-6hrs, otherwise bright light reflected from the walls/floor) that the rest of the neps are loving. Does it need more shade or light than most? Maybe more or less water than everything else?

When I grew mine with a low drop at night (23C-10C) and high humidity (70%+) I had good 'big' pitchers. I moved it to my regular rack with my maxima's and alata 'spotted' (25C-15C and 60% humidity) 3 or 4 months ago it didn't like it. Now it has 1 smallish pitcher but is dropping 2 more tendrils now so we'll see. Photo period is 14h on, 6 inches below 6500k T8 bulbs for both locations. Don't know if any of that will help.

Hmm, I think that does help one of my questions. Perhaps it just sulks for a while if something changes, but I get the feeling that maybe it's not warm enough in my house during the day for it or something. Of course, it may be recovering from the neem from when I had thrips a while back. I guess I'll just keep treating it the same and hope for the best.

i grow my 2 as a highlander, my largest plant came to me recently and is adjusting rather well to my conditions, lots of nectar on the leaves of the main plant, but as it is beginning to vine, i dont expect pitchers on it...however it has a healthy large group of basals forming, time to start pitchering again ;p
my smaller N. gymnamphora grows at a pretty steady rate, a new leaf every 3 weeks or so, new pitcher about the same time frame, generally as a new leaf is descending its tendril, a pitcher is about to open. i grow these plants in 2 different mixes and 2 different styles of pot. my smaller one is in peat/perlite/lfs/osmunda fiber/sand/orchid bark, while the other is in a coco husk/lfs mixture i believe *from previous grower* this plant from what i can tell, does better with slightly lower light levels, higher light levels just make it grow slower in my experiance, and it needs adequate humidity, i also find this species like to keep a little more wet than some of my others, could be because of its basal forming habit, thats just a hunch, idk.

My conditions for the plants are as follows, and vary between the two
The smaller plant, gets lighting from 4 2 foot t8 bulbs. humidity is about 70% in the day and around 90% at night. temperatures in the day hover around 60-70 degrees *its winter here still lol*
and night temps in the 50s to upper 40s. temps are the same for both plants, humidity for my larger plant is quite a bit lower, probably 40-50% days and 60-70% nights....
lighting for my larger comes from a single 8 foot 2 bulb fixture.

Soon it will be back to the greenhouse for my highland babies....

Back