What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii 'Batu Lawi'

Here are a few photos my young, reliable, strong growing Nepenthes veitchii from Batu Lawi.
It is a highland plant, i have had it for about a year now maybe, i received it from maxposwillo in a trade. it was a bit bigger in the GH but once i moved it under direct lighting for the winter, got a bit smaller but the pitchers have been getting some nice size for a young plant.
The peristome is just starting to ever so slightly expand with each pitcher, this new one is opening now...i cant wait for it to get to maturity....particular veitchii clones have earned themselves the right of making veitchii probably my second favorite nepenthes species.
veitchii.jpg

veitchii002.jpg

veitchii003.jpg

Love the hairy leaves! Reminds me of a tarantula.

I do like the vetchii nep's too, haven gotten one though, still looking
Maybe soon . nice plant SirKristoff

Ngantnier that does look a lot like a tarantula leg coming out of the crown not a plant tendril at all Yeiks

Now that is a hairy plant.

Looks a bit like a hairy Judith Finn. Makes sense.

Nice job!

nice, i believe i have the same clone! great plant

What a gnarly little guy! Looks like it's doing great. Veitchii is your favorite species that you grow or all together?

i have to say its a pretty even tie between my species that are like jamban (jacq, flava, and jamban itself) and veitchii.....so as far as species, its not my FAVORITE but its right up there....i love all of my other the same though ;)

great nep!
cross it with truncata and maybe you will get this.
truncata x veitchii 'Batu Buli'

VxT.jpg

Back