What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ventricosa x xTrusmadiensis

WooWho! I repotted my ventricosa x xTrusmadiensis this evening because it was leaning over on one side and I was out of bark when I first got it. And noticed this...

ventxxtm.jpg

Yes, that tiny little spec of green is a basal!

Here is the repotted plant, now with two growth points and a basal.

ventxxtm2.jpg

Here is the last pitcher. It hasn't produced one for me yet but I have only had it for a couple of months.

ventxtrum.jpg

It is N. ventricosa x xTrusmadiensis (a) from EP in case you were wondering.

love it. Heres an old pic of mine. I love this plant! Mine was from the seed grown release.

http://pacificcarnivores.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=17685802

if you go back to the album there are also two more photos of it.
Unfortunatly i still have just one growing point, i will try to encourage a basal by tipping the active stem below the pot, that technique has worked with some of my other neps. Anyway, great plant!

That is very nice! I like the flared peristome versions of vent x xTM.

I have read and observed from my own neps that it also helps to tip the pot over on it's side. I suspect mine formed a basal because the two growth points were growing at around a 20 degree angle from the soil prior to repotting it.

Back