What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to root many cuttings in a small spot?

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    space
I need to root about 100 cuttings in a small spot.
I might have space for a flat.
Any ideas?
Thanks

wow, that quite a few! I would recommend using one of those 72 cell trays, filling each cell with sphagnum (or your preferred growth media). Use a second cell tray cut in half to hold the other cuttings.

Holy mass propagation Batman!

I rooted 22 ventrata cuttings in a 10inch pot

I have tons of vines and everything is getting hard to get too.
As you can see there are a lot of single node cuttings to take. I need a way to fit them in a smallish space:scratch: :rolleyes:
vines5.jpg

vines.jpg

vines3.jpg

vines4.jpg

vines2.jpg

peace,
Zero

Wow what a vine! I think Cpsam is spot on, use one of those black trays with all the cells that people use for starting vegetables.

id take as large a tray (i wouldnt use the cell trays ) as you can get... fill it with perlite and then heavily water it and stick em all in there... you could fit 100...

I fit around 10 in just a small glad container and they all rooted well

What about rock wool? I have sheets and sheets of it.

I always used the Jiffy seedling trays with 32 or 72 cell trays. Wrap the bottoms in uncut LFS strands, pot them sungly. This made it easy when someone ordered or traded for something just rip off a pot, bag it and ship it. Then you/they can just pop out the cutting plug and pop it into a new pot of whatever specific mix you like to use long term.

Back