What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to grow Nepenthes Hamata?

Dex: agreed!

I am pretty sure it already is.
It looks to be a larger spotted form of N. tentaculata.
Notice the V-neck.

It's actually the only known specimen of N. glabrata x hamata

Interesting. It makes you wonder then how these
species evolve. Perhaps that is how various tentaculata evolved.
—Still a lovely hybrid.

N.hamata has always been one of my easiest growers. In the summer my temps are 80F day and 60F night and in the winter the temps are 60F day and 50F night. The humidity is usually 70% day and 85-90% night. I don'y know if it is because my plant is seed grown, but it just doesn't seem very picky.

Got mine in November from Wistuba, t was right out of TC, and sinceI got it, it hasn't grown or pitchered, until this month. It took 4 months in a terrarium to acclimatize, and is finally making its fist pitcher and next leaf. Hehe I hope mine makes it, they are quite picky when small in my experience.
I heard this from a number of people before I received mine. Received 2 little babies with no roots. I kinda figured they were toast. Potted them up, put one in a basement terrarium & one in the office terrarium. They both grew like little weeds (there's a series of growth progression pics in my growlist). I figured the office plant would surely need to be moved to the basement once summer arrived since day temps are mid 80's in the tank. Nope. It never missed a beat - kept growing & pitchering the whole time. I'm guessing that they both decided to grow roots at some point.... ??? The office plant is now in another basement tank (due to space issues) in a 6" pot - still growing like a weed. The most recent pitcher has a ~1.25-1.5" diameter mouth.

I always baby my Hamata in a terrarium... I found small Hamata picky. I tried to grow them on windowsill with the N.truncata from august to december, 65-70F day temperature, 60f night temperature humidity around 50% Idk since i don;t have a humidity meter. and the Hamata doesn't like it one bit !!! it pull out new leafs but every tendril got dry out. And also spot some brown spot and wrinkle on some leafs. I guess the night time temeperature drop and 70% humidity or higher really plays the huge roll in Hamata. And when i put it back in the terraium, It in flat a putcher right away.

If its a small Hamata baby it with high humidity and night temperature drop until its grow bigger than adjust to house condition

Back