What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats this!?!?

Can anyone tell me what this is all about? The 2 bottom leaves just started turning yellow about a day or two ago. Now there's black smudges on this one.

100_2711-1.jpg

looks like aq bottom leaf that has spent its life well an now looking to be recycled

Which nep is this? I have a ventrata that when its older leaves die off, look just like this. Just because they are old, nothing wrong with them. How old are the leaves?

probably just getting old and dying off...unless you just got the plant. IDK after that.

Which nep is this? I have a ventrata that when its older leaves die off, look just like this. Just because they are old, nothing wrong with them. How old are the leaves?

This is my ventrata. I've only had it a couple weeks, but the plant is showing some nice new growth.

I knew it looked familiar. no worries, just old leaves dying off then.

The plant is most likely adapting to its new growing conditions. I usually have this happen to new Nepenthes and other cp's when I just receive them. The plant will grow new leaves that will be adapted to your growing conditions while the leaves that aren't used to your conditions will expire.

The plant is most likely adapting to its new growing conditions. I usually have this happen to new Nepenthes and other cp's when I just receive them. The plant will grow new leaves that will be adapted to your growing conditions while the leaves that aren't used to your conditions will expire.

right on.. They are all growing like weeds! They apparently loved that coffee treatment I gave them.

Back