What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new Neps!

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    basal
Got a couple new plants in today. Thought I'd share a few pics..

N.mikei

100_2731.jpg

100_2727-1.jpg

N.spectabilis

100_2726-1.jpg

100_2721-1.jpg

a nicely started basal..

100_2728.jpg

s/basil/basal/g ;-)

haha o well lol they are great neps!!!

The spectabilis is definately on my want list! :drool:

The spectabilis is definately on my want list! :drool:

It's in my top 3 favorite neps. So now I only have 2 to go.. IN ORDER!:

1. N.hamata
2. N.spectabalis
3. N.albomargentina

And lucky me, I have 2 different variations of N.albomargentina coming on Monday!! :-D

looks like the north sumatra clone of spectabilis youve got there MM, very nice, he will grow up to be a showstopper. and yes i said he, this particular clone, if is the north sumatra clone, is a male.

1. N.hamata
2. N.spectabalis
3. N.albomargentina

And lucky me, I have 2 different variations of N.albomargentina coming on Monday!! :-D

s/spectabalis/spectabilis/g
s/albomargentina/albomarginata/g

What kinds of albos are you getting? red and black or ...? I nabbed a seed-grown a little while back and it looks like it's got spots atm, but it's a pretty small plant so I can't be sure what it'll look like full grown at this point.
Good luck with the spec - mine won't pitcher worth anything and it doesn't want to make nice leaves at all either :censor:

s/spectabalis/spectabilis/g
s/albomargentina/albomarginata/g

What kinds of albos are you getting? red and black or ...? I nabbed a seed-grown a little while back and it looks like it's got spots atm, but it's a pretty small plant so I can't be sure what it'll look like full grown at this point.
Good luck with the spec - mine won't pitcher worth anything and it doesn't want to make nice leaves at all either :censor:

Noted.. :hail:

Nepenthes albomarginata "Green" (Brunei)
Nepenthes albomarginata "Spotted" (Cameroon) ~ Supposed to be new and rare-ish ??? I can't find any info on the Cameroon species. Just the "Kuching Spotted" (Malaysia), which this is not, unfortunately.

looks like the north sumatra clone of spectabilis youve got there MM, very nice, he will grow up to be a showstopper. and yes i said he, this particular clone, if is the north sumatra clone, is a male.

I'll look into it. The guy I'm buying my neps from now is very nice and knowledgable. You probably know him, it's "mksmith" from the other forum. Super nice guy..

1. N.hamata
2. N.spectabalis
3. N.albomargentina

And lucky me, I have 2 different variations of N.albomarginata coming on Monday!! :-D

OH!! I can't believe I forgot about N.burbidgeae, N.reinwardtiana, and N.ramispina. Guess now that I have spectabilis and albomarginata, I can make a new top 3 list. :-D

Looks like the Nepenthes bug has sank it's fangs deep into you Massmorels.

And just like the victim of a werewolf, vampire or zombie bite, you're one of us now.

Once bitten by this bug, you can't turn back.

Congrats!

Looks like the Nepenthes bug has sank it's fangs deep into you Massmorels.
And just like the victim of a werewolf, vampire or zombie bite, you're one of us now.
Congrats!

Tell me about it! I've got 5 more plants coming tomorrow (Sat.), 2 more on Wed., and 3 more on Friday. I.. can.. smell.. your.. blood.. !! :evil:

Love the color on that N. spectabilis!

Hmm... I did... after they started dying like crazy from pests. That's the cure. :(

Hmm... I did... after they started dying like crazy from pests. That's the cure. :(

Yeah those pesky critters can put a damper on all of our good growing enthusiasm.

And thanks for reminding me that today is Neem Day for all of my neps.

I find an ounce of this prevention is better than a pound of that cure, anyday.

Massmorels, you probably know this already, but by spraying your neps with neem on a regular basis, say once every month or two as maintenance, this will dissuade most if not all pests from setting up shop on your beloved plants.

It works well on Neps, but be a little more careful with it around your dews, utrics, pings and vfts when you get them. These plants seem to be a little more sensitive to it. And I find that pings doen't tend to suffer a lot of pests anyways.

Wow, I never had reason to fog my Neps with chemicals like that. I always just spot attacked with qtip and 70% rubbing alcohol the few rare times I got any pests.

Now that I have Tarantulas I don't dare spray any insecticides in the room.

Back