What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some exciting news...

Hi Kris,

Congratulations! Keep us apprised of your progress. I don't know how I managed to miss this post last month. I have a batch of seeds coming from Vietnam and am itching to get more seed-grown Nepenthes out there . . .

no prob david, i will definitely keep updating this as new things come up. Keep me updated on that macro too btw.

I now have germination in the veitchii candy striped batch as well....
now waiting on the veitchii green batch. the count so far (from what i can see and im sure there is more!)
+10 stenophylla
+6 veitchii 'candy stripe'
0 veitchii green

I'm excited that there's now more seedgrown veitchii's and stenophyllas... keep updating... these are some of my favorite Bornean species. :)

I now have germination in the veitchii candy striped batch as well....
now waiting on the veitchii green batch. the count so far (from what i can see and im sure there is more!)
+10 stenophylla
+6 veitchii 'candy stripe'
0 veitchii green
i hope we will be able to do a trade in the future and not just for the veitchii candy stripes. keep us updated.
adam

Hi,

I have got germination of all three (sown March 23rd, and 25th). Only a few have released themselves from the seed coat (mainly N. stenophylla), but from the look of it, there will be a lot more activity in the coming days.

Regards,

Christer

Hi,

I have got germination of all three (sown March 23rd, and 25th). Only a few have released themselves from the seed coat (mainly N. stenophylla), but from the look of it, there will be a lot more activity in the coming days.

Regards,

Christer

:woot:

several more veitchii candy striped and stenophylla have germinated, still nothing on veitchii green...

Sounds like your doing great with those seeds. Can you put me down for like 2 Candy striped Veitchii's? I should have something to trade you when they reach a tradeable size.

none of the green veitchii have germinated but im not giving up hope....though it seems a bit late now, but its possible....
but here are a couple of photos of a few of the seedlings from the two batches that did germinate

candy striped veitchii
P1010003-5.jpg

stenopyhlla
P1010005.jpg

I have had 80% germination rate for candy striped veitchii:banana2:
Some of the seeds i had sent it to Canada, England and Poland, so waiting for their good news too:boogie:

Delwin, did you get your batch from Robert too?

Yes:)
They are now growing in 3 conditions.
LL, HL and UHL. Each condition with 1 low light and 1 high light intensity.
I found that all germination the same. Will update somemore.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

The 3 true thorelii that i got from Vietnam are also doing very well.
I am really worry abt the nature there, as the place can be develop anytime:(

wow!! Congratulations Delwin on getting the true thorelii. You absolutely sure though? especially with all the stuff that has been going on. Did u talk to Francois on CPUK...he really loves thorelii and was devestated to find the site ravaged when he went to visit.

wow!! Congratulations Delwin on getting the true thorelii. You absolutely sure though? especially with all the stuff that has been going on. Did u talk to Francois on CPUK...he really loves thorelii and was devestated to find the site ravaged when he went to visit.

Yap, it is true, and sure. Dont congratulate me, the site is under serious threat. They can be develop anytime. Since i still cant different the plant gender yet, i will still grow it in Singapore. What i can do is to replant them back at my land in Vietnam once i go back there again. My land is ard 4 hours drive from the site.

Well Delwin... My intention for the congrats was that there possibly is another site. That is why..I am urging that before its too late, perhaps some individuals of this species and its genetic signature can be preserved. Would it be possible to contact someone in your local university to collect specimens, perhaps obtain any seed?

Some of the guy in the Vietnam university try to find the site, but invain:(
As for me, i dont know the the site.
As for the first site, i think it has been destroy:-(

Delwin - can we see some photos of this thorelii?
i really desperately want to see what they look like when they arent covered in dirt being held upside down by some idiot kid with a shovel in his hand....

It is the cutting of the one which is being hold upside down:p
I did sent the pic to you before in petpitcher forum:-))
As for your infor, that site is gone:p

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Delwin - can we see some photos of this thorelii?
i really desperately want to see what they look like when they arent covered in dirt being held upside down by some idiot kid with a shovel in his hand....

Check your pm:banana2:

update on a few of the candy striped veitchii seedlings

P1010108-1.jpg

P1010107-1.jpg

Back