What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some exciting news...

Looks great, yours have come much further than mine. Actually, many of mine have gone backwards. Recently I moved them to a peat moss/perlite mix, instead of the milled sphagnum that they germinated on. Hopefully they will perk up. My veitchii "green" seedlings have grown better than the "stripe", I can't say I understand why though.

Here's a "green" seedling.

veitchiigreen.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Really nice work there SK! They're looking really healthy, you're one lucky guy.

Mine are further behind than these, but I'd estimate I have about 40 seedlings of both the green and candy-striped Veitchiis. I got the seeds late in the various exchanges, but still had good germination.

thanks guys :)
max, i never got any germination out of the green veitchii seeds sadly :(

however i am attempting to germinate some N. inermis, N. aristolochioides, N. naga, and N. reinwardtiana red seed right now

Super exciting news to chime in....
I have several reinwardtiana red seedlings growing now, and some inermis seeds just sprouted...
now to wait for naga and aristolochioides to sprout.

Only 2 plants remain from this batch, the rest were sold/stolen/died from neglect during my break from the hobby sadly..... I do not have an accurate number for the amount stolen, and the remaining sibling is only 1” across... sad given that it’s been 8 years.

9cf8552aa91df6dabbc258d0abe8cdfe.jpg
6864dcf47ea6140ef3d090e59575db5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! glad something came out of it.

It's always interesting to see what plants happen to be lucky enough to survive out of a batch. That one looks like it has some good potential in it.

I don’t know how many of the ones I dispersed prior survived. I hope there are quite a few still though. I know a handful of us here in the states received seed, if you refer to an earlier comment.

Well, the two you have is better than I've done with some received Nepenthes seeds. :blush: Glad to see some still putting along!
Andrew

Gave it a live sphagnum top dressing about a week ago

c989802cc29f14a629ede93242b1cdbb.jpeg

5d64e2bb34491247b28dd9cbedd06306.jpg
Haha the Sphagnum rubellum is quickly outgrowing this seedling and it’s been what... 2.5 weeks?

I'm always jealous of a pot with nice moss. All the species I get grow super compact and stay the same size for months on end.

Newest trap opened up a couple days ago. Looking promising now!

9f5d9f647c5465b43055b2e2d3d50031.jpg
4fd2f694a0376fec068f92cbdbced68e.jpg
a12ac9e58ce88822d7369c43f287b56a.jpg
738abd14e5f657416ce767470dcb56ed.jpg

awww couple little stripes! how cute :banana2: Hell of a size jump on that newest leaf too!

Last edited:
Back