What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new jacquelineae!

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Here's some pics of my new nep, it was MUCH larger than the vendor said on the site. I couldn't be happier!!!! :boogie:

J1.jpg

J2.jpg

looks extremely healthy!!

VERY VERY NIce:-O

I was shocked when I opened the box, I was expecting a plant half that size!!!! :0o:

I've never been so inpressed with a vendor, to be honest.

Wow, very nice. It is always good to get a nice suprise like that... Thanks for sharing.

Wow, very nice. It is always good to get a nice suprise like that... Thanks for sharing.

Ever since I lost my last one to rust fungus, I have made it my personal mission to get another one. I'm sure glad I did. :)

BTW: I have heard that they can be tricky to get to pitcher (apparently the vendor had no problem. ;) ) does anyone have any advice on getting them to pitcher?

nope, had mine about 16 months....no pitchers.....

Aww nice jacq! Looks like mine did before I made it angry and it lost all its pitchers :jester:

75 days, 60-65 nights, humidity over 60%.......macrophylla, burbidgeae, and flava have been growing happily beside it for the same length of time......

in my experience...if undisturbed...jacqs are pretty easy to pitcher. Only time it stopped pitchering and started getting some heat spots on leaves is when as i already mentioned, the temperatures rose. But once I removed the extra light...it started settling in and from the next leaf on, continued pitcher growth.

good luck Exo. You should be able to grow it well dude. My plant was a quarter the size of yours when I got it. :)

in my experience...if undisturbed...jacqs are pretty easy to pitcher. Only time it stopped pitchering and started getting some heat spots on leaves is when as i already mentioned, the temperatures rose. But once I removed the extra light...it started settling in and from the next leaf on, continued pitcher growth.

good luck Exo. You should be able to grow it well dude. My plant was a quarter the size of yours when I got it. :)

I know that having a larger plant is a definite plus, and heat shouldn't be an issue since durring this time of year my chamber is pretty cool.

So far almost all of my neps are doing well in my care, so here's hoping that this one follows their lead.

Mine has proven tricky also. It didn't pitcher for many, many months for reasons unknown. Then in the last month it opened three nice pitchers. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come. Standard highland conditions.

Mine has proven tricky also. It didn't pitcher for many, many months for reasons unknown. Then in the last month it opened three nice pitchers. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come. Standard highland conditions.

What do you mean by "standard" highland conditions?

Back