What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hairy albomarginata

uphwiz

jimmy
Ive had this albomarginata for months now and nothing it came with a intermediate tag so thats where ive had it , i was reading on line that albos, are lowland so i switched to the lowland terrarium and wow the two new pitchers are inflating very rapidly:blush: and the new growth is zooming:-D and is already splitting with another leaf starting this is all within about 10 14 days didnt mark the change dat but yippie.
I didnt know albos. were so hairy when young. even the older leaves seem a bit hairy if you look closely:0o:

Last edited:
~gasp~ I can't wait for albos to get here on Wed.!!

I've been flirting with idea of getting an albo, it would probably make a nice companion for my bical, yours looks great! What a hairy little thing.

Wow! What a cool plant. Feels like a peach? Lol.

I'm getting the Albo "green", Albo "spotted", and the Albo "red".. all this week. And I placed a bid on eBay for the black form.

I'm growing mine in nearly ultra highland conditions. That's so weird. BE has them listed as intermediate, but they didn't do well for me when I put them in higher humidity, so I have them sitting on a shelf at room conditions in the coldest room in my house, and they are thriving! I have no air vents in my bedroom where they are at, and it has gotten so cold in here through the winter that the condensation on the inside of the windows froze. I don't have a thermometer in here, but I wear 2 layers of pajamas and a robe to bed and I have 2 blankets on the bed and I still freeze. And this is what the albos have been growing in and pitchering and doing very well. Strange how what works for one person won't work well for someone else. I've noticed some discrepancies from some of the very reputable books as well. Like N. madagasariensis is listed as highland in one very reputable book, and it is actually a lowland and does not grow well at all in highland conditions. I've noticed some other discrepancies as well, and people have also pointed it out to me with other plants.

update pics

last pictures were in march , here it is now,
and it's been in the lowland terrarium for months.
I wan't to get another , would love to have an all black like massmorels avatar.
IMG_2341.jpg

Nice growing! Do you know which form it is? I decided i need a black or purple one too, hopefully some are around soon.

Back