What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ventricosa x angasanensis

I received this as an unrooted cutting awhile back from Max (capslock) and once it rooted, it just took off...it is now probably one of my favorite plants in my collection.

Neps033.jpg

very nice. Can you do another pic from the other side? i'd like to see that monster on the back wowie!

Wow, that really *is* a nice plant. Taking cuttings any time soon :poke:?

Jimmy, here is that pitcher that your asking about...took this a couple months ago or so...its pitchers last forever! the smallest pitcher was the first pitcher to open on this cutting!
DSC_0018-1.jpg

Wow, what beautiful color! This is another one to add to the want list :)
Thanks for sharing!

Kris: Wow! My cutting has a dormant node coming out... IIRC, ours should be the same clone. :boogie:

if it came from max, it definitely is the same plant....its a great hybrid clue, enjoy it! once those nodes take off, its gonna explode!

if it came from max, it definitely is the same plant....its a great hybrid clue, enjoy it! once those nodes take off, its gonna explode!

Yep, I got it from Max in January. Funny how I don't think that it's rooted, but is already growing.

Funny how I don't think that it's rooted, but is already growing.

Bah! Roots! We don't need no stinkin' roots!

well dont be too sure clue ;) it has an insane root system!
when i repotted mine out of the pot it was in previously, it was just a giant tangle of roots completely around the pot surrounding the old media....it never even slowed down after the repot, infact it sped up....

i thought i would post a little update...this plant is getting some size to it now, pitchers are still small, but they are gorgeous IMO. im noticing that this plant has a steady trait going on, of variegated-like leaves, look at the surface of the leaves, every leaf produced so far has this in some varying degree...
P1010046.jpg

P1010045-2.jpg

now some pitcher shots
P1010050-1.jpg

P1010047-1.jpg

P1010049-1.jpg

the pitcher dying on the far right has been there for quite awhile now...these pitchers are pretty long lived
P1010048.jpg

Wow... RED! :0o:

My cutting shriveled up and died (right after I moved it so it could get more light *facepalm*). :(

Clue - in the future when i take some cuttings, ill contact you...that shouldnt be too far in the future, the thing is fast as hell lol

Back