What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. talangelicious x veituoso

This hybrid is the BE-3190, and this is what BE has to say of their single clone:

'Nepenthes talangensis x veitchii The N. veitchii parent is a spectacular highland form with striped peristome, so we have high hopes for this hybrid, although we haven't yet raised one to sufficient size to see the characteristics.'

This plant has been in my possession since April of last year, and is a slow to moderate grower in my conditions.

So far, the pitchers have had a pinkish hue with some spotting to go along with the striping on the peristome. The striping hasn't been really dark, but seems to be getting more pronounced on each new pitcher.
IMG_2808-1.jpg

Here is a closer look at the striping on the peristome.
IMG_2796-1.jpg

This is the newest pitcher to open and the peristome striping is getting darker each day.
IMG_2817-1.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how the pitchers continue to develop as this plant matures.

If any of you are also growing this clone, you're very welcome to post your pics in this thread. I'd love to know what the future holds for this beauty.

dvg

Wow, that is a really awesome plant. Talangensis hybrids always rock, and the Veitchii parentage can't hurt either. It will be interesting to see how big those pitchers get.

Thanks guys.

DavyJones, these pitchers will get a good size to them, judging by pics I've seen of other pitchers from this same grex.

This plant is going to be insane!

N. talangensis x veitchii BE-3190

This plant is going to be insane!

I hope so Dexenthes.

But, I'm not quite sure what to expect from it.

I went to CP Photo Finder, but couldn't find out if this BE clone actually has much of a striped peristome as it gets more mature.

That is usually the case with Nep pitchers, but I guess I'll wait and see. I'll keep you posted.:-O

dvg

ive got the BE version as well...still pretty small though

Beautiful hybrid!

Great cultivation as usual . . .

N. talangensis x veitchii BE-3190

Thanks BigBella,

SK, you're very welcome to post pics of your plant here. I'd love to see it.

In fact, mine isn't very large either, with that last newest pitcher being only, maybe 2.5 inches tall.

regards,

dvg

alright dvg ill see what i can do after work today, mine is still only about 3" in diameter....its starting to produce larger leaves now though...when it has really strong lighting, the plants leaves turn red...not red right now though, hopefully they will go red again in the greenhouse...so close but so far away....mid april early may ill have the GH back up.

Back