What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

window sill plants

so i will recently be inquiring a venticosa and truncata and was wondering if they could be placed next to a sunny window that get 4 to 5 hours of light. Or would they terrarium have to do. It stays like 80 in the terr and has some nice lights.

yes. you can. you can even window sill grow them without the terr (which you will probably have to do when they get bigger) just check the origin of your truncata. if it's a highlander, it will appreciate those temperature drops at night.

Windowsill with good light sounds like a great place for them. I wouldn't put them in a terrarium, especially not a ventricosa. Mine have always done great at regular room temps and humidity.

Just 4-5 hours of total light, or direct light? I mean mine get 16 hours (including about 5 hours of direct morning light) on my windowsill. If you can only give the 4-5 hours of light all day, than thats not enough.

im receving the neps...not selling

it has 3 to 4 hours of direct sunlight. Then 6 hours of partial sunlight.

Back