What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

high landers

so i relized that n. ventarta and truncata will be good window sill plants...but i only have 4 hours of direct sunlight...and its afternoon sun. from 9 to 2 its only partial sun. So with this possible not being enough light is there another way to grow them? It wont be warm enough for them here tilllate lune, but i want them now..haha. so any other option?

I have heard of a warm house for them?? what is this?

to be honest, ive given less sun than you and they usually survive/grow just not pitcher like you would want them to. just get some $12 t8 shop lights from home depot, maybe even scrounge up that old christmas light timer tucked away in the attic.
~billy

With the truncata at least, you'll run out of room on the sill quickly.The leaves of both plants will be pressing up against the glass. Are you going to grow them on the sill or a table close to the window?

on a little plant hold next to the window. They will be transfered onto a grow rack in a week or two.

Back