What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

huh, ive got a flower..........

kinda neat since i have grown this plant from seed......N. ventricosa.....one of the most abused neps ive got, it lived in pure peat for 4 years :D

Untitled-5-1.jpg

Untitled-10-1.jpg

'Black Dragon' and 'Peter D' along side
Untitled-12.jpg

'Black Dragon'
Untitled-9-1.jpg

izumae x TM
Untitled-2-1.jpg

my other veitchii
Untitled-7-1.jpg

my jac finally doing something after 16 months and no pitchers
Untitled-3-1.jpg

'Predator'
Untitled-4-1.jpg

Hey, my ventricosa grows in pure peat and its flowered twice for me! lol, it just needs good light, enough humidity to pitcher, and water.

That's a pretty lady. :p

Congrats on the girl. :)

And your other plants look great, too.

Congrats on the flower, I too abuse my N. vent and still decides to thrive...Nice 'Black Dragon' btw.

Congrats! I love the predator pic. I haven't had a chance to see too many of them.

Congrats on your female ventricosa flower Rattler!

And nice to see your jacq moving in the right direction for you...forward.

You have a great collection. I'd love to trade with you.

I live within a six hour drive of the Alberta/Montana border, and you are closer to me than most of the rest of the CP growers in Canada.

Likewise, I'm probably closer to you than most of the CP growers in the states.

Too bad that imaginary line causes so much grief with CP trading between our countries.

regards,

Doug
dvg

i was going to ask you for pics on your jacq. looking good, although it looks like it's got a little lid thing going on. hope for more in the future!

so thats what the female flowers look like?

i have no clue what sex the plant is.....

Millipede, those are the unopened flower buds.

Female flowers are shaped like elongated ovals and male flowers are shaped like little round balls.

At least that is usually the case.

We'll see once they open, because the male and female flowers look different.

dvg

rattler, you want some ramispina pollen for that girl?

i aint big on venricosa......used to have 100 of this plants siblings but either culled or gave away all but this one.....im game if you are, ill let yah know when they open...

Back