What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

birbidgeae x edwardsiana

uphwiz

jimmy
just got this one in too, again i cant take credit it came in this condition ill update the photos in a month or so ,
IMG_1435-1.jpg
IMG_1436-1.jpg
Does any one have this one ,:poke:and do you have any pics of yours , and , how long have you had it , please share your conditions with you photos if you could :blush:, like to know what's working for you .
Thanks for any and all input.:-D

:0o: That's a fantastic plant!!! would this be the first cross with an edwardsiana? just wondering. Thanks for sharing!

It's a natural hybrid, Malenesiana Tropicals thought they were growing N. burbidgeae seed and it turned out to be this cross! Lucky find eh?

I had one for a while years back, it was a quite a slow grower for me. My conditions throughout the year were: days 70-85*F / nights 40-60*F , humidity 80% and lit by 6x 40 watt florescent tubes.

Since I had one years ago there should be some pics of mature or nearly mature specimens of this plant popping up, anyone one have some to show?

I think there are a few others with edwardsiana....a cool one is N. villosa x edwardsiana (or vice versa) which is N. xharryana

actually i think this plant ended up not being edwardsiana but some other plant... there was a big discussion on the pitcher plant forum. what it is i dont remember. its still a really nice plant though!!

Alex

there is still alot of debate about the parent being one of the following 3, villosa, edwardsiana, or xHarryana.
i had one for awhile, got bored with it and sold it....i needed the money and it just didnt pitcher profusely for me, though it was a very healthy grower. hope its still alive and doing well ;\

so you guys think this is not the cross i was supposed to get ??:-(

no this is the supposed burbidgeae x edwardsiana that MT has released that was found in a batch of burbidgeae seeds, the only plant near the locality of the seeds collected was edwardsiana, but people are still skeptical.

update the smaller pitcher is now inflating and just opened to day , it seems to be moving along ok for the short time ive had it ,
heres the new baby i love what ive seen of this cross , and am keeping my fingers crossed that ive got a good one
IMG_1481.jpg

I love burbidgeae, and that love extends to anything with burbidgeae in it. :hail:

I love this cross! Always have. I don't have any doubts that edwardsiana is a parent.

Looks great and will only get better.

where are the first pics of this plant in the first post, i thought i could use these threads for progress pics, but in most after a month or so the pics just seem to disappear , am i posting too many pics, are the moderators, deleting them to make more room for other posted pics? anyone ? :0o:
Any how, here is the newest pitcher on this nep and its got another pitcher inflating too, its electric red. think its too close to the lights? the leaves look a little scorched, a bit like the miranda, maybe scorched isn't what i mean just dark and a bit dry looking:blush:, but the plant is doing very well otherwise.
IMG_2154.jpg
IMG_2155.jpg

gorgeous! Nice grab..

WOW nice! Looks like a spotted eddie!

Looking good. Even at such a small size it shows great characteristics.

I doubt the mods are deleting your old pics. They don't actually take up any space on this forum as they are just hotlinked from your imagehost. It's your imagehost that the storage space is on. It might be a buggy imagehost also.

Strange how all of the other pictures I've seen of pitchers of this plant are nowhere near as red as yours - you got the same nuclear fusion technology beaming down on them as Av8tor has on his Heli setup?

I doubt the mods are deleting your old pics. They don't actually take up any space on this forum as they are just hotlinked from your imagehost. It's your imagehost that the storage space is on. It might be a buggy imagehost also.[/QUOTE]

its me im the one making the mistake i thought they would stay here , i needed more space in the pic gallery and deleted them myself :crazy:, which in turn deleted them here . im still learning LOL:blush:

Back