What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BE-3166 N. sibuyanensis x hamata

Hi all...

Haven't seen any new photos of these for a long time, just wondered if anybody still grow these and if yes, could you please post some updated photos.

I have two distinct forms, very interested to see what yours look like...

Origenal description from the 2008 pricelist :

"Hoticultural hybrid from Borneo Exotics combining the robust growth form of N. sibuyanensis with some of the unique characteristics of N. hamata. Pitchers have wide variation in depth of colouration but are usually purple speckled on an orange background. Peristome varies from red to deep purple with vestigial teeth."

form A :
sxha1.jpg

sxha2.jpg

sibxham9-1.jpg

sibxham6-1.jpg

sibxham5-1.jpg

form B :
sxhb1.jpg

sxhb5.jpg

sibxham4.jpg

sibxham8-1.jpg

sibxham7-1.jpg

regards
P

i still dont see the hamata in it ;\

Some of its markings and color (particularly in the last photos) are definitely reminiscent of Nepenthes hamata, if not much of the pitcher structure . . .

I could see the hamata influence. I think that sibuyanensis kind of over powers hamata in a way, or its qualities don't accentuate any of the key qualities of hamata that you'd be expecting. Still Super beautiful plants you have there! Love both the forms, the tight speckling is a great characteristic.

Nice! And good looking liverworts too!

Oh man, mine looks nothing like yours because it's still TINY after a thrips infestation last year :-(. I might have pitchers to show later this year ???

Hi all...

There has been a lot said about what did & what not did go into this Hybrid. Personally i find it very interesting to see how these plants mature. :-D

@ Ngantnier : LoL, yea i also quite like them, a pitty they can become a problem very quickly especially with small plants... :0o:

Are those plants growing in strainers modified into hanging baskets?

Are those plants growing in strainers modified into hanging baskets?

you know....i was wondering the same thing myself! lol
seems to be working just fine ;)

They are gorgeous plants, but there are plenty of other plants with similar pitcher coloration, i still see no similarities with hamata other than the speckles *again can be found on many others*

Nice greenhouse and instructions!

Whoa great idea with those strainers! Thanks!

I liked using orchid pots for my Neps (a plastic pot full of holes that costs way more than a normal plastic pot) but Strainers are way cheaper, just $1 at the $1 store!

I know a couple Utrics that would love those strainers, when they get bigger.

Back