What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone,

This prolonged draught and low humidity hot weather really make our life "hotter" than usual in Peninsular Malaysia.

Let's se how my neps are doing in such weather... I grew all my neps outdoor under 50% shade net in L/L tropical weather.

N. ampullaria -1
amp1.jpg

N. ampullaria - 2
amp2l.jpg

N. ampullaria x ventricosa aka N. x Singapore Gardentech
ampxvent.jpg

N. distallatoria
distallatoria.jpg

N. sp. Giant Tiger - possible a hybrid with N. mirabilis
sptiger1.jpg

N. x Gothica - growing steadily...
xgothica.jpg

N. kongkandana
sptiger2.jpg

N. thorelii x truncata - Newly opened pitcher (left), aged pitcher (right)
thoreliixtruncata1.jpg
thoreliixtruncata2.jpg

N. lowii x boschiana - new pitcher opened this week, unfazed by the hot weather
lowiixboschiana.jpg

N. maxima-dark x (lowii x ventricosa)
maximadarkxlowiixventri.jpg

N. maxima-dark x merrilliana - color look faded, maybe it's still new or perhaps it's the hot weather...
maximadarkxmerrilliana.jpg

N. rafflesiana
raff1.jpg

N. reinwardtiana
reinwardtiana1.jpg
reinwardtiana2.jpg

N. spectabilis x ventricosa
specxvent.jpg

N. veitchii L/L - young plant
veitchiill.jpg

N. veitchii H/L x boschiana
veitchiihlxboschiana.jpg

N. viking x rafflesiana
vikingxraff.jpg

N. viking x (rafflesiana x viking) - latest pitcher with wings getting smaller and smaller and pitcher getting rounder and rounder...
vikingxraffxviking1.jpg
vikingxraffxviking2.jpg

N. x hookeriana - 1
xhookeriana1.jpg

N. x hookeriana - 2
xhookeriana2.jpg

N. (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x xTrusmadiensis - doing ok in tropical weather
ventxsibuxtm.jpg

Thanks for viewing :blush:

Beautiful collection. Thanks for the great pictures!

I was going to comment on a few individually, but the list got too long by the time I was done looking at all the photos. Killer collection! And great colors on some of those plants! Even for somebody who's colorblind like me!

WOW all of your neps look absolutely amazing, great job growing them!!!

Wow, beautiful plant! If this is what they look like during a prolonged draught, I can only imagine what they would look like under more favorable conditions.... Just beautiful; thanks for sharing.

Wow they look great, even during El Nino.

Wow that viking x (raff x viking) is amazing! I love how tubby and shallow the pitchers are!

gorgeous pitchers!
however, if you would please rename your thorelii x truncata to bokorensis x truncata, it might help others realize that it is NOT thorelii in any of these EP hybrids, but rather bokorensis or one of the other indo-chinese species like smilesii. the real thorelii is NOT known to be in cultivation other than in the hands of a couple of kids in vietnam who poached them.

SK: So is Exotica's "thorelii (d)" actually bokorensis?

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

SK,
I'm aware of this problem. I just follow what EP labeled their plants as when I recieved from them. The thing is, I as a mere hobbyist can't be 100% certain what species EP used as "N. thorellii" (you mentioned as well) and that's not counting if they have mutiple parent plants that they labeled as such. Unless EP specifically update all their naming for N. thorelii to N. bokorensis, I will gladly follow them. I understand your concern and I appreciate that. :)

Maybe someone should suggest to them for a name update?? :)

Great collection. The N. viking x (rafflesiana x viking) is my favorite. That's a beauty.

Back