What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newest Pitcher to Hatch

It was snowing here pretty good earlier today and the ground was white with it. But then the sun came out this afternoon and melted most of the snow, so I decided to take a pic of the latest pitcher to open on my N. x 'Lady Pauline'.

I placed a large calibre brown chicken egg(we were fresh out of green eggs ;)) beside it for size reference. With Easter right around the corner, I reckoned an egg would be appropriate for the occasion.

IMG_2839-1.jpg

All yolking aside, 'Lady Pauline', with it's talangensis * maxima parentage, is a very forgiving and beautiful plant...always willing to pitcher and doesn't complain too much at all. :)

dvg

Wow! I like the peristome on this one. Lady Pauline was such a great name for a male plant. :p

I have the EP maxima dark x talangensis... if Pauline is anything like that, I expect it to be a vigorous and large grower. :)

Wow! I like the peristome on this one. Lady Pauline was such a great name for a male plant. :p

I have the EP maxima dark x talangensis... if Pauline is anything like that, I expect it to be a vigorous and large grower. :)

Thanks Clue.:-D

The EP maxima * talangensis might end up being the larger and more vigorous plant of these two clones, if the maternal characteristics of these plants are indeed dominant...maxima outgrows talangensis quite easily in my collection.

Beautiful dvg!, very nice hehe, I can't wait for mine to look like that!

Thanks Carn.

With the growing season now upon us, hopefully your 'Lady Pauline' will get crackin' and reward you with many fine pitchers.:banana2:

Back