What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest April '10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules are simple,
1.Photo must have been taken this month, no pitcher age limit
2.Plant must have been in owners possession for at least 6 months prior to entry
3.Plant must be clearly labeled in the owners entry
4.If more than one pitcher is in the photo, it must be clarified as to which is being entered into the contest.
5.Photo updates of pitchers are fine, and more than one photo is welcome, however the photo must be of the same pitcher, no other.
6.Winners may NOT enter the SAME pitcher again after winning, another pitcher on the same plant is fine but NOT the same pitcher

Contest will be closed on Midnight of April 30th, PST.
Good luck and lets see more of those beauties ;)

N.truncata Pasian highland....behold the fruits of my sucky camera! :lol:

Ntruncata03.jpg

Here's one of my 2006 seed-grown Nepenthes hamata with its first pitcher of Spring 2010, having just opened this very morning. By later in the week, the peristome will acquire its dark red-black color; and I had hoped to get at least one last shot of the pitcher while still closed -- but "missed it by that much" . . .

Nepenthes hamata
-- 3 April 2010

NHAMATA-B-1.jpg

5 April
NHAMATA-C.jpg

10 April
NHAMATA-C-1.jpg

Found a note today:

"ILU" - Miranda

Here's the photo it came with:

Nepenthes x'Miranda'
DSC08021.jpg

And another photo of the same pitcher:
DSC08026-1.jpg

Found a note today:

"ILU" - Miranda

Here's the photo it came with:

Nepenthes x'Miranda'
DSC08021.jpg

Lol Pet... Miranda is a male plant, so... :0o:

Anyways, great pics!

Lol Pet... Miranda is a male plant, so... :0o:

Anyways, great pics!

LMAO. Seriously? Sigh....so it's the same type of deal as N. 'Lady Pauline'? :-)) :p

fantastic as always BigB.

I'll try miranda too though mine looks a bit different than petmantis's.
IMG_1488.jpg
IMG_1490-1.jpg
I love the backlit lids on nepenthes.
IMG_1485.jpg

cp connection, sarracenia are not a valid entry in this contest....this is a nep contest, i was thinking about starting one for sarrs in a couple months when everyone has stuff growing.

i dont exactly appreciate that considering for once it wouldnt be ripping off the idea of another forum, it was something i was hoping to get going myself. im actually a bit ticked because of that move cp connection

This one opened up yesterday, the pictures don't do it justice but here it is. Love the colors on that hamata BB.

N. maxima (dark) x talangensis

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

IMG_2984.JPG

I figured I would enter my Pitcher this month. This is one of my Fav neps I grow and is very colorful.

Nepenthes Eymae x Veitchii H/L striped

a-48.jpg

b-44.jpg

c-40.jpg

There :-D I IMG link them for you.

Very cute :D is it a female or male?

Thanks Indigo for helping me with the IMG link. From what Sam Estes told me, this plant is a male. I actually received this plant in a trade with Sam as an Extra. I know, a Free Eymae x Veitchii H/L, lol.
Me and Sam are good friends and trade plants every now and then.

Nothin' fancy. Ventricosa x Inermis:

When it first opened:
4-14-10015.jpg

4-14-10016.jpg

Now:
4-14-10037.jpg

4-14-10039.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back