What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THEE truncata thread

wow French! That leaf is unbelievably huge! I wonder how big the pitcher will be... :D

It just finished unfurling a week or two ago so it'll be some months before there's a full size pitcher on the end of it haha but I'll try to remember and post a shot of it here when it does open.

Grrr -- :censor:

As I allowed myself to dip my toes into the waters of Nepenthes ownership a few years ago, I've found that some of the supposedly 'tough-to-grow' species are fairly easy, some of the difficult species are truly quite finicky and also that some easy species can be quite tough.

I got a QoH x KoS when they came out and it grow very well for me. So well that I felt it needed a larger pot. It hasn't pitchered since. :censor:

My other one is starting to pick up speed now that i moved it to a warmer spot. I think it didn't like being so close to the window all winter long.
When it went into a bigger pot, I had to move it into the basement. It's in the same tank as a N. jamban & N. aristolochioides - who are both happily growing like weeds with the cool winter basement temps. I'm suspecting that when these two start to pout, the N. truncata will start to be more happy - at least I hope so .... :blush:

Welcome back Bella - good to see you on the forum! Really nice plant you've shared - I like the uneven outside edges of the peristome - very cool...

I got a QoH x KoS when they came out and it grow very well for me. So well that I felt it needed a larger pot. It hasn't pitchered since. :censor:

When it went into a bigger pot, I had to move it into the basement. It's in the same tank as a N. jamban & N. aristolochioides - who are both happily growing like weeds with the cool winter basement temps. I'm suspecting that when these two start to pout, the N. truncata will start to be more happy - at least I hope so .... :blush:

I've grown all my truncatas under "LL" conditions, including the Pasian highland form. All seem to be quite adaptable but really hate sitting in water... Not to mention they're also slow as molasses when compared to other more common Neps.
If it's any condolence Ron I lost my first QoH x KoS due to a mite attack while I was away last summer. I took care of the little buggers when I returned and nursed the plant for ~6 months but to no avail...

Welcome back Bella - good to see you on the forum! Really nice plant you've shared - I like the uneven outside edges of the peristome - very cool...
:poke: I'm afraid Bella is still likely dealing with life priorities atm... his post is back from April of last year : /

Holy cow, when that thing pitchers you'll have to find small animal for it. What kind of feed are you using ?

Holy cow, when that thing pitchers you'll have to find small animal for it. What kind of feed are you using ?

I was thinking one of those yappy chihuahua would do the trick :p
I re-potted it not too long ago so I'm guessing it's taking advantage of the new root space. Other than that it gets diffused light, watered less frequently than the rest of the collection and the occasional coffee.

Back