What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple new plants :)

Hey, I'm happy to say im now an owner of 2 N. rajahs :).

i was getting nervous because they were in the mail since 3/30, and i got them today 4/6, but they got here in pretty good shape, also seemed to have grown a bit. i planned for ones that were less than 3 inches but got a couple that are a little over 3in. so i put them both in 4 inch pots.

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

one has a nice red tiny pitcher :D
Picture026.jpg

sorry not the best photographer, please post pics of yours too, love to see them, well the 2nd pic came out okish haha, the rest not so great, the 3rd pic probably just has some dirt on the leaves because i took the pics right after i repotted them

dustin

Those look really good there. They will be beasts when they get much larger, lol

Fantastic beauties you got there. They are going to take a little while to acclaimatise...and once they get used to the conditions and start growing, do not move them AT ALL or repot them anytime soon... rajahs hate disturbance and I have paid heavily for that.

Dustin, I find it funny that your rajahs look exactly like mine... where and how are you going to be growing these? :)

right now they are in the windowsill haha i will acclimate them ive had luck with growing villosa in the windowsill too. right now they are in bags to keep humidity up because i got them yesterday, but hopefully by the start/middle of next week they will be acclimated. we are having crazy weather at the moment, 60-80F during the day, 40-50 at night, just about perfect for ultrahighlanders, humidity is pretty high too. I'll keep everyone posted on progress, if windowsill doesn't happen for them ill have to figure something else out. but i do have my giant n. caesar windowsill aclcimated and that i believe is considered a lowlander/maybe intermediate, but both parents are lowlanders.

right now they are in the windowsill haha i will acclimate them ive had luck with growing villosa in the windowsill too. right now they are in bags to keep humidity up because i got them yesterday, but hopefully by the start/middle of next week they will be acclimated. we are having crazy weather at the moment, 60-80F during the day, 40-50 at night, just about perfect for ultrahighlanders, humidity is pretty high too. I'll keep everyone posted on progress, if windowsill doesn't happen for them ill have to figure something else out. but i do have my giant n. caesar windowsill aclcimated and that i believe is considered a lowlander/maybe intermediate, but both parents are lowlanders.

Maybe we should see how they do on windowsills...

Same conditions, same size, perhaps even the same supplier... do I smell a race? ;)

Two rajahs at once.. Going to have to get a second house for room once they grow up. Looking good, hopefully they adjust well.

Back