What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some neps before the move to the greenhouse...

With the weather warming up, it is only a couple of weeks away from greenhouse time...
im excited to get them back to their proper home, though they havent seemed to mind being in the garage over the winter, infact most have done incredibly well for being in lower light levels and lower humidity...
newly opened ventricosa pitcher on a plant i got from andy a while back...
DSC03400.jpg

Newly opened N. sanguinea pitcher, which was my first nep, also from andy
DSC03402.jpg

another freshly opened pitcher, this one belonging to my N. singalana 'belirang'
DSC03404.jpg

And of course an N. spectabilis 'North Sumatra' lower pitcher from my plants large basal
DSC03406.jpg

i will add more pics as my next batch of pitchers begins to open many of which are only a few days off ;)

Great plants, Kris -- and, once again, how large is the dog guarding the collection?

Beautiful pitchers man. wow!! That spect is fantastic. So is that singlana. :D

Wow, I can't wait to see them back in the greenhouse (and I expect you can't either). :-O

So how's some of your other promising plants (clipeata) doing?

Kris,
Beautiful as always; thanks for sharing!!

the clipeata went off to another home....everything else is doing marvelously well for me, even my rajah lol. the only plant that isnt very happy right now is my sibuyanensis which hasnt liked me for about half a year now...just keeps tossing basals left and right lol.

vent x aristo starting to pop its lid
DSC03408.jpg

maxima x talangensis (the water in the tray down below has a brown tinge from a coffee treatment i gave a couple neps yesterday)
DSC03409.jpg

muluensis x lowii, this pitcher is sitting in a rather shaded spot from the lights so it hasnt colored up very much compared to all of its other pitchers its had
DSC03415.jpg

N. rajah, the newest leaf (the largest one) was produced after a coffee treatment, im a pretty firm believer in coffee treatments now....it even appears to be inflating a pitcher on that leaf, or atleast getting ready to..this plant is in a 6" pot
DSC03412.jpg

A young N. spectabilis 'Pangulobau' pitcher
DSC03421.jpg

one of my gymnamphora....
DSC03428.jpg

A young double growth point N. bongso
DSC03422.jpg

singalana again
DSC03425.jpg

young N. burkei
DSC03417.jpg

one of my N. jamban....not the same one you can see a pitcher of up above with the gymnamphora
DSC03413.jpg

young N. veitchii 'Batu Lawi'
DSC03426.jpg

some of my babies that are about a year and a half old now....N. xSplendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]
DSC03427.jpg

N. flava
DSC03429.jpg

Aswome plants! Do you happen to have a pic of the whole N. Spectabilis?

my large one? yes i do....
the pic is from a couple of weeks ago, the main vine got a little beat up from flowering 3 times consecutively, but since a coffee treatment and no more flowering, has resumed normal healthy growth
Neps030.jpg

woooow! Sweet plants, I love that maxima x talang and you giant spec! get a nice pic of that upper pitcher!!

Don't get your hope too high on The N.Rajah, I had one that I thought its gonna pull out a pitcher for me. but it aborted in half way. I still don;t know why it aborted. I kept it in the same condition as it start to inflat but aborted in mid way =/ The king is so picky

I wish that I had a spectabilis, especially the N.sumatra clone. :drool:

Back