What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highland Nepenthes

Here are a few photos of some of my favorite highland Nepenthes.

Nepenthes jacquelineae
In my opinion one of my hardest Nepenthes to photograph. The first few photos are of a upper pitcher which are a beautiful yellow and red and are suspending nicely making it easy to get a great shot.
DSC_2682.JPG

DSC_2717.JPG

DSC_2702-1.JPG

DSC_2685.JPG

These next are of a lower pitcher which in person is much more spectacular given the deep red almost black in color. Because of how they hang and how dark color they are it makes it much more difficult to get a good shot.
DSC_2814.JPG

DSC_2766-1.JPG

N. mikei
DSC_3099.JPG

N. veitchii Bareo Highland
DSC_3074.JPG

N. macrophylla Seed grown BE
DSC_3014.JPG

N. macrophylla AW Clone
DSC_3001.JPG

N. lowii G. Mulu
DSC_2934.JPG

N. hamata H75/JK BE
DSC_2866.JPG

DSC_2828.JPG

Thanks,
Jeremiah

sheesh....my plants have a loooooooooong way to go! such stunning pics!

Ah,
Nice plants!

You are doing something right apparently!

Good growing! :water:

D@m

You Have Some REALLY Nice Plants

Just gos to show that it really pays off to start the hobby when your young! Spectacular fantasy plants you got there, impressive as always. I particularly like your N. mikei, great coloring on it.

Thanks for posting the pics. I always like to see pics of mature nepenthes. I love the lowii.

Well after looking at that I might as well throw all of my plants away because they look like common trash in comparison...

Seriously, ravishingly gorgeous pitchers you have there as ever! You do a great job with nepenthes. Any chance of posting some of your heli pics (they're only babies on your website...)?

jac has been my favorite since seeing your plants in person a several years ago......dang plant will not grow for me just sorta survive.....

WOW!! Just Beautiful; thanks for sharing!

fantastic as always J. man!! I wonder how long I have to wait till I see my plants grow that big.

Great pics Jeremiah! It's nice to see healthy, mature, well-grown plants. :hail: Do you have your own personal tree shrew fertilizing that lowii? :-O

Wow! Very nice Hamata! Has it flowered yet?

How can you manage to have such nice looking plants, what kind of conditions do you grow them in?!?! :0o:

He is the man with 2 green hands. Very impressive!!! Most impressive I have ever seem.. well done !! I have to ask what is that white stuff on the lowii's lid?

Wow. *faints*
"that white stuff" would be that excretion lowii makes on the underside of the lid... apparently it tastes like mild custard. Apparently it also works as a tree shrew laxative. I'll let you imagine the rest of the details!

Amazing like always.

You certainly have the golden touch when it comes to your plants and their care.

Wow. o_O

I like those hamata uppers, but mine has a long way to go before vining!

Killer plants.

Last edited:
We all aspire to grow nepenthes like Jeremiah. Keep it going dude!

Back