What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update on my n. ventricosa

uphwiz

jimmy
Ive had this one for a couple years and its still in the same pot and media :blush: ,
not sure if i should repot or leave it , its just started pitchering like wild fire in the past two months, I dont want to disturb it ,
:poke:could i just add some more lfs around the root mass , and move to a slightly larger pot, and wait another year ??.
IMG_1592.jpg
IMG_1599-1.jpg
IMG_1603-1.jpg

I'd just leave it. If your plant is pitchering wildly, it's telling you it likes what it's getting. I'm still in that phase where repotting Neps makes me a wee nervous. I mean I haven't botched anything, but it's still a nervous process for me. People say in a larger pot you can repot every couple years or so.

I have to seriously congratulate you on such a beautiful plant. I haven't seen an adult ventricosa red yet and mine should hop into the vining stage soon based on what I see in your plant.

Yeah, that's a beautiful vent. How big are the pitchers?

I have a red vent also, but man that thing grows slow as molasses, ie a couple inches in 4 years... I don't get it. I could only wish it was doing as well as yours.

Beautiful color! Thanks for sharing

Now that's a nice ventricosa!

Thats a nice plant! What do you have it growing in?

Gorgeous! What's the planting media? Lighting? You must be doing something right!

Thanks for the nice comments guys:blush:
its just in all LFS, and has been for quite some time , its on the edge of the grow shelf and gets light from 2t-5sHO grow bulbs and 2t-5sHO bloom bulbs, its just not directly under them and it gets room for air all around the plant since its in the orchid basket:-D, it's also in a south window though as summer approaches , it gets very little direct light from the sun, as it rises higher over the house for the next few months. the flo. lights are on for 13 hours a day, and i mist twice a day, probably too much LOL , but this is the only water it gets. I mist the plant and the media , and i keep the media close to dry ,but never dry via the misting .

It's till pitchering nicely this season.
IMG_2232.jpg
IMG_2233.jpg
Sorry Nightsky never responded to your question, the mature pitchers are 3 1/2 to 5inches on the plant right now, and this newest pitcher , will be a little taller and fatter , maybe 6 inches tall, this includes the lids.

These pics made me cry, when I thought about my ventricosa. Still has small pitchers, my biggest have been 4" and this is larger...
Think I'll order some neps soon.

Back