What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
Up really late tonight and decided to snap a few pics after I watered 'em. Took some with flash and without.

thorelii x (spectabilis x northiana), with a little basal pitcher:
4-25-10001.jpg

4-25-10028.jpg

talangensis x veitchii, just opened today. This pitcher is half the size of the last. Hmm..
4-25-10022.jpg

inermis x ventricosa and jacquelinae:
4-25-10020.jpg

spectabilis:
4-25-10014.jpg

Lady Pauline. There's more pitchers further up the vine, and some lowers out of view. Has a rapidly growing basal, plus two nodes activated near the bottom. Should be a nice bush soon enough.
4-25-10003.jpg

4-25-10026.jpg

veitchii H/L x eymae:
4-25-10030.jpg

4-25-10029.jpg

4-25-10038.jpg

spectabilis x aristolochioides:
4-25-10040.jpg

4-25-10039.jpg

izumiae x trusmadiensis. Love love this plant. Opens a light raspberry color, then turns brown, then gradually goes burgundy and finally a dark purple/black. Here's a couple different pitchers:
4-25-10032.jpg

4-25-10033.jpg

4-25-10064.jpg

truncata x ephippiata starting to show some real promise:
4-25-10036.jpg

4-25-10034.jpg

And just for the heck of it, some others:
cephalotus:
4-25-10052.jpg

pygmy drosera; Lake Badgerup:
4-25-10056.jpg

4-25-10050.jpg

pygmy omissa x nitidula:
4-25-10058.jpg

Those are some great looking, and very healthy plants Nightsky.

Your N. izumiae * tm and N. ephippiata * truncata are gorgeous and should only get better as they continue to mature.

Just curious about your N. talangensis * veitchii, do you happen to know whether that one is the EP or BE clone. Do you find it is an easy grower and how long have you had it for now?

dvg

Nice pygmies! I swear I must be turning into a 'dew person instead of a nep person...Love the izXtm, can't wait til mine starts pitchering again!

Your spectabilis and spectabilis x aristolochioides are incredible! Thanks for sharing =]

-Javier

Those are some great looking, and very healthy plants Nightsky.

Your N. izumiae * tm and N. ephippiata * truncata are gorgeous and should only get better as they continue to mature.

Just curious about your N. talangensis * veitchii, do you happen to know whether that one is the EP or BE clone. Do you find it is an easy grower and how long have you had it for now?

dvg

Thanks. The tal x veitchii is the BE clone. It's an easy grower, and pitchers easily. Had it for about 2 years now I think, haven't had any issues with it. The pitchers have been really nice, but for some reason this one is much smaller than the others. The peristome gets red on the outside edge fading to green/yellow on the inside, with time, no stripes on mine.

Great plants Nightsky!
Your spect aristo is gorgeous, mine has an orange offset behind the speckles on the pitcher, i love the green though man my god....Lol
maybe we could exchange cuttings in the future ;)

I don't normally look at dews, but I have to say, yours may have converted me!

Love the Lady Pauline and love your dews. If only they looked like that at my house.

Lady Pauline has really nice uppers!

Excellent pics! I relly like the spec x aristo!

Wow... speechless :hail:, wish I have a cool house to grow those H/L species and hybrids :drool:

fantastic plants mate. wow. :)

To die for, seriously great plants. makes me want to get a eymae x trusmadiensis!

Back