What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To repot or not?

Ngantnier

Formerly pond boy
I have a N. x 'red dragon' which I purchased a couple months ago. The plant is doing very well and has produced 2 pitchers so far, the first being 2in and the second being just over 3 inches long. It has produced a total of 4 new leaves since I received it, and the newest 2 have inflating pitchers. The plant has gone from 6inches leaf tip to tip to over 8in inches. I'm currently growing it outside here in Omaha Ne., it gets around 4 hours a day of dappled sunlight. The plant is in the original "soil" it was shipped in, pure LFS, in a 6in hanging basket.

My question is should I repot it into a "chunkier" mix, as the plant stays wet in its current mix for about a week? If I do I would probably transplant it into a mix of ~2\3 better-gro orchid mix to 1\3 LFS with a bit of coco-peat for good measure. Does this sound like a good idea, or would it set the plant back? Also if I do repot it should I give it a bigger pot, or would the 6in pot be large enough? Thanks in advance-Noah

It's always a bad idea to "fix" something that is not broken!
The plant will tell you if it needs to be repotted...and right now it's probably screaming to be left alone.

Leave it be.
Peace,
Zero

Back