What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black N. truncata Q and K how big are your pitchers

uphwiz

jimmy
Here is my latest pitcher .
IMG_1844-1.jpg
And a few progression shots of this pitcher inflating ,and coloring up

Last edited:
Yours looks exactly like mine...the small dark dots over the bigger ones and all. Nice - and nice moss too!

Mine's at a quarter inch.

Those all seem to really have taken on the parents traits. I still don't regret not buying one though..... maybe....

I want one of these sooo badly now...

I'm still waiting to recieve mine.....:-(

1/4" here also. Barely showing hints of color.

Upwhiz yours is looking fantastic. So much color already.

mine has made a bit of a jump since i moved it out in intermediate conditions , and the spotting has almost stopped , im going to move it into even lower light as i suspect the t-5's are burning the leaves where the water droplets sit on them , though this new leaf has very little spotting , I still think it will do well under the t-12 lights,
and man the newest pitcher is even a different shape, its beginning to lengthen , the next leaf and new pitcher starting looks to be bigger yet , sure hope so . this pitcher is about 2 1/8" , I think the lid will open a little more.
truncata++K+Q.jpg
IMG_2974-1.jpg
truncata+k+q.jpg

uphwiz,
How did yours get so large?
Fertilizer or coffee?
I'm thinking of fertilizing one of mine.
N. truncata are so slow when small.
It seems when they hit 6" or so they speed up in growth 2 fold.
I have 5 N. truncata.:) all differn't sizes. one of my favorite Neps.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive not coffeed this one but am about too, LOL.
it seems so slow but i haven't wanted to push it yet , i have given it a few hikari cichlid pellets the mini ones and in the green pouch , i put them in the pitchers after the pitcher is about a month old.

looking good uphwiz!

Here is an update on my better looking one. My other one is growing ok but pitchers aren't all that great.

truncqohxkos.jpg

Oh man, I can't wait to receive mine in the mail after my vacation!
Those are looking so lovely!

My largest pitcher is around 1 1/2 inches. The newest leaf is quite a bit bigger than the last so I'm hoping for even larger pitchers soon.

hey , if i may what are your growiing conditions, light temp humidity, is it on the dry side , mine is doing better with lower humidity , your leaves look great , mine is growing very nicely but i want those leaves :-O, nice growing

Those leaves were produced with the plant very close to a 23 watt compact flourescent light on a windowsill that doesn't get much light. The house was kept around 72 with a/c and the humdity was probably fairly low but I never really tested it. Since I kept the plant so close to the light I'm sure the temperature around the plant was higher than that of the house. Since heading back to school the plant is now under a 40 watt cfl on my dresser but other than that the conditions are pretty much the same. I still keep the plant pretty close to the bulb but since the bulb gets hotter I can't keep it quite as close as I did before. I'll see how it's doing in a month with the new light and make adjustments as necessary.

I have two plants, this being the biggest.
JMatt

dsc04805s.jpg

Nice! Mine's working on inflating a pitcher reaaaalllly sloooowwwlly right now...so I imagine I won't have anything to show for a month :-(

Is yours fuzzy JMatt?!

So I just got my two in the mail and they each have one pitcher. Both pitchers have what seems to be an unusually small lid... have any of you had yours do this? It looks like these are probably the first or second pitcher on both plants so I hope the next pitchers will be a bit better in regards to the lid.

Back