What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

amp' borneo sunset

uphwiz

jimmy
check it out the amp i got , was suffering from some winter damage, but it seems to have recovered, and is doing ok now, this is its first pitcher, and it has one more inflating and another starting , these are very nice size pitchers :blush:two inches or more not including the lid, fat and round, not at all like the amp x talangensis i have, still curious about the parents of that one :0o:
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1882-1.jpg
IMG_1873.jpg

Cool!

Thats a very nice looking amp there.

damn!! THat is one wicked looking amp. Very very nice. :D

Very nice. The hairs on the wings look wicked!

That's an incredible looking ampullaria.

It has a very unique peristome and those wings look like the crossed trap hairs on a closed vft or even a spiny cactus. Very nice!

Thanks for sharing those pics with us Jimmy.

dvg

There are so many cool amp varieties, I swear you could have a whole collection of just amps. That one is awesome!

Wao! sweet N. ampullaria !!
Thanks for your sharing.

here is an update ,
the new leaves seem to be a lot shorter than than the ones that came on the plant , the pitcher's are about the same size but on much shorter leaves , must be the stronger light ,
I love this plant , might be ,Might be my favorite ? though im sure its going to be a beast, there are basals under the sphagnum they came on the plant , and i just buried them loosely in the LFS , think they could be seperated?
the plant was so stressed I was afraid to remove anything that might be giving the plant nutrients , but that's been a while now.
IMG_2104.jpg
IMG_2105.jpg
IMG_2106.jpg
Thought id put this photo back its went missing from the original post ??. It's the one on the right in the new pics, and still looking very fresh :-D
IMG_1882-1.jpg

How much did that cost you? All the "Borneo Sunsets" being released are expensive!

But I can see why they are so expensive. :drool:

beautiful

Back