What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 AW iNeps

A small pitcher of N. izumiae from Wistuba. In the sunlight the pitchers are a purplish black color, but I can assure you that in the shadows of my basement these pitchers are quite black indeed. ;)
IMG_2991-1.jpg

The first N. inermis upper to form in my possession.
IMG_3009-1.jpg

And the inermis pitcher sitting in with the izumiae plant.
IMG_3003-1.jpg

dvg

Very nice -- both of them.

I had been considering an N. inernis. Just treating it like any other highlander?

Last edited:
You always have such great plants DVG. I wish my Inermis was still alive. Inermis is a fav of mine.

That inermis looks just...jaw dropping! I wish I could grow it but I traded mine away it was doing so poorly for me. I'll just live vicariously through your pics - got the whole plant for us to see too?

Thanks for the kind words.

Big Bella, this is an easy growing plant and does well in intermediate conditions.

Mike, hopefully you can get inermis back into your collection again.

Thez yo, I got this plant back in July, 2008 from Wistuba, and have found it to be one of my fastest and easiest intermediate-highlanders. The main vine on it is 22 inches tall and it just recently made a basal that now has three or four leaves on it and that is currently sitting at 5.5 inches in diameter.

I grow it at daytime temps of 80F and night time temps between 65-72F.

dvg

The N. inermis is cool looking.

Thats very nice N.inermis!! I wish mine still alive.. I got to get me another N.inermis ;)

Has your Inermis flowered for you yet? I hear that Inermis and Dubia are somewhat early flowering neps?

supposedly they also flower then die way back if not die completely. ive heard several cases that the plant flowers then dies or produces basals and the main stem dies. one of the clones in cultivation is female i believe too!

awesome plants! i wish i had an inermis too.

Alex

I know of one person here in the US that has a Female Inermis. Lucky guy, lol. I hope he makes some seed grown inermis plants someday.

Thanks guys,

Mike, it hasn't flowered yet.

Inermis, inermis, inermis... I, like the izumiae. Look how wicked dark that thing is! Nice plants indeed.

Back