What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 amigos

These three Neps used to be tankmates, at one time. :) And I've had them all two years to the day today.

N. macrophylla
IMG_3011-1.jpg

A closer look
IMG_3053-1.jpg

N. villosa
IMG_3028-1.jpg

IMG_3044-1.jpg

N. rajah
IMG_3094-1.jpg

IMG_3067-1.jpg

dvg

Dude, that green toothy thing in the first rajah picture looks like it's gonna eat that pitcher :-O

Its an alligator. I'm from Florida, so I know :)

Is that macrophylla the clone from CZ Plants, Doug? It's very pretty. :)

I may need to get a villosa, that way I can have 3 amigos myself! ;)

That's a very savage agave! :0o:

... or is that a bromeliad?

Last edited:
Man you always have such wonderful plants. I always enjoy every pic you post of your plants. Theres Never a disappointment with your plants.

I'm sooo sorry...

gator.jpg

Awesome Neps.
Great teeth.

Awesomeness! :-O

Thanks for the kind words and a very special thanks to both Thez yo and Clue for their artistic efforts.:-D Whoah Boy! Did you see that 'gator rise up outta the pot for that rajah. WOW!

It seems that N. rajah has dropped a few rungs on the monkey(cup) bars, and is no longer the King of the Jungle Gym. With other Neps challenging the once mighty King for it's place in a new pecking order, it seems that almost any plant is snapping at the rajah's heels. Heck, even a bromeliad is taking a run at the dethroned king.

Btw, no rajah were injured during the shooting of these pictures. That bromeliad isn't even carnivorous...at least I don't think it's carnivorous.;)

Clue, yes that is the CZ Plants macrophylla clone.

dvg

Beautiful as always dvg. Villosa, and macro sure are nive toothy neps, I love them.

Too bad for the neps, as their kingdom is in turmoil over the possibilty of their only known king being over thrown... I hear Edwardsiana wants the throne ;)

Sooo, what IS the green toothy brom?

Nice plants, man! Makes me wanna go out and buy a villosa.

AAaAaWwWwwWwSsSoOoooOOOoOmMEMemmE!!

Thanks,

Carn, I have heard rumors that eddie does have behind the scenes machinations on the King's throne...and King Eddie does kinda have a nice ring to it.

Lil Stinkpot, that green toothy bromeliad is Aechmea nudicaulis 'Variegata'.

dvg

Beautiful pitchers. Seems the pitcher of macrophylla is very similar to the one of villosa. Is it true?

Geez the coffee makes your moss grow out quite a bit. I'm currently experimenting with coffee on my N. Alatas right now. Awesome plants I've been following those three for quite a while!

Thanks guys,

Zhilin, in those pics the macrophylla and villosa do look quite similar, I agree. There are slight differences though.

The villosa has a flatter lid and the peristome will change some more on the villosa over the course of the next month, with the teeth becoming even more pronounced. You'll see what I mean by that when I update my 'N. villosa: A Year in the Life' thread in June sometime. I've noticed that the villosa is starting to make squatter pitchers now. In time the macrophylla should start making more elongated pitchers.

dvg

Back