What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. clipeata Clone 2 about to flower

There was, but Andreas lost it from his TC cultures. :(

How the heck could something like that happen?!?! :0o:

That very well could have damned the species to extinction.....he better have a good reason. :censor:

How the heck could something like that happen?!?! :0o:

That very well could have damned the species to extinction.....he better have a good reason. :censor:

You can't blame him for unintentionally getting some mold into his cultures. :poke:

You can't blame him for unintentionally getting some mold into his cultures. :poke:

I just did some poking around....it turns out clone one was a hybrid, clipeata x eymae.

I just did some poking around....it turns out clone one was a hybrid, clipeata x eymae.

Wrong-o. AW's clone 1 was actually pure, while the clone 1 from John DeKanel (another CP grower/distributer) was the one speculated to be clipeata x eymae. :p

JDK had his own naming system... the plants are different.

Wrong-o. AW's clone 1 was actually pure, while the clone 1 from John DeKanel (another CP grower/distributer) was the one speculated to be clipeata x eymae. :p

Oh......stupid mold :-(

I thought Jerimiahs Rajah was Seed...

Clue that is an interesting piece of info about Wistuba losing his Clone 1 clipeata.

Do you know if it was ever released in small batches at all, before it was eventually lost?

If so, there might be one more chance for another female clipeata to surface.

dvg

Clue that is an interesting piece of info about Wistuba losing his Clone 1 clipeata.

Do you know if it was ever released in small batches at all, before it was eventually lost?

If so, there might be one more chance for another female clipeata to surface.

dvg

I'm unsure about that. For sure the JDK clone one is out there, mainly floating around as clipeata x (clipeata x eymae), which is probably what it is (whatever it is, it isn't true clipeata!)

Although I don't know if any plants of clone 1 ever were released, Andreas did mention that he has one plant of that clone in his collection.

Regards,

Christer

Back