What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That did it. That is the last straw.

After having seen your "my Dionaea" thread and now having seen this one?

I want to know everything. What camera? What lens?

Just how the EFF do you get those pictures?! They are gorgeous.

I just bought a DSLR and -these- are the kinds of pictures I want.

Geeeezz I'm tired of raving over your plants, but seriously, the color on that N. spectabilis x aristolochioides is too much... and the N. veitchii x boschiana is so vivid.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you ^ ^

for this photo I use a Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro on a Canon EOS 50D

to give a more "warm" I set the white balance between 5200K and 10 000K
I never use the flash because the light is too violent and too white

more photos> http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124913

N.sanguinea
sanguinea3.jpg

Is this the lens? Do you do any editing in Photoshop or anything, or are those just the raw pictures? What kind of lighting do you typically take photos under? Natural sunlight? Fluorescent? Some of those are so warm, they even look to be under incandescent lighting, but that can be accomplished with the white balance, as you said.

I don't have as nice a camera (I have a T1i), but I hope I'm capable of photos halfway that nice with some practice and a better lens.

Thanks for the advice! I really, really appreciate it!

yes it is this lens ^ ^

I edit some photos slightly when it is really necessary with photofiltre or ACDsee pro 5

I only use natural light, ideal for taking photos "warm" is to shoot the evening just before sunset or in the sun adjusting white balance to get the effect "sunset sun

esc1s.jpg

esc2f.jpg

esc3a.jpg

esc4.jpg

esc5t.jpg

Thanks for the input! Hopefully I can utilize it at some point, LOL. Gotta get outside to take some shots, it seems. ;p

And holy cow! Did you catch that last shot as it was falling in?! That is one of the best photo series I've seen! How cool!

Truly breathtaking pictures!

thank you ^ ^

I spend a lot of time observing the different prey lurking on my Nepenthes and when the fall becomes clear I shoot in burst (6 fps), but the success rate is about 1 out of 30 times lol

N. rafflesiana
raffle.jpg

Your pictures are more than publication-worthy. You should consider just publishing a CP picture book, I'd buy it. XP

You are such an amazing photographer!! And your plants are gorgeous, congratulations!!

THAT was a great capturing shot.

That just smells of having too much time on your hands. :D

thank you very much ^^

N. muluensis x lowii
muluxlowii.jpg

muluxlowii2.jpg

N. ventricosa x x talangensis
ventrixtalang2.jpg

R.I.P
rip0.jpg

Very nice photos as always. I always do love viewing your photos you take.

That dead shot just tickled me!!! Such an artful perspective- your other pictures are also amazing!! :hail:

N. veitchii x boschiana

veitchxbosch.jpg

veitchxbosch2.jpg

veitchxbosch3.jpg

veitchxbosch4.jpg

Very beautiful plants and the photography really compliments them. This thread really helped with my wish list:D.

I don't know which to be more impressed with; the pitchers or the photography... Both are very impressive!!!

Ooooo, the N. veitchii x boschiana is a really pretty plant.

thank you very much ^^

N. ventricosa x inermis
ventrih.jpg

Back