What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tons of nepenthes seedlings germinating

Some new photos of some of the seedlings taken today.

d-55.jpg

c-64.jpg

b-69.jpg

a-75.jpg

/want.

Time to put a halt to writing lol so much... um, lol. ;)
(when talking to customers at work I say 'right on' way to much)

Just out of curiosity - are those pots in trays or undrained? Also, do you do anything to prevent damp off? I've had trouble with nep seeds, but it may be a lack of fresh material. I'm anxious to try again when I find a seed source. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity - are those pots in trays or undrained? Also, do you do anything to prevent damp off? I've had trouble with nep seeds, but it may be a lack of fresh material. I'm anxious to try again when I find a seed source. Thanks!

Hi Adrian. The pots are not in trays. They get good drainage. The foil on the bottom of some of the pots is to keep the water from destroying my window sills I have them on.

I took some fresh pics of the seedlings today. They seem to be growing fast for me.

a-79.jpg

c-66.jpg

d-56.jpg

e-48.jpg

f-43.jpg

g-39.jpg

h-31.jpg

Looking good Mike.

You're going to have plenty of original material coming out of your latest batches of seed.

Great growing there!

dvg

Nice!

But you might want to use something besides aluminum foil, Aluminum is quite bad for Neps.

HOORAY! I see little baby pitchers..

HOORAY! I see little baby pitchers..

My same reaction Mass, lol. Soon I cant wait to see germination on my Spectabilis x Truncata x Veitchii H/L, Vent x Macro x xDyeriana and Vent x Macro x Veitchii H/L x Veitchii L/L seeds I just recently received on Friday.

The ones I have germinating that are in the pics are Maxima Dark x Spectabilis, Thorelii x xTM x Spatulata x Maxima and Thorelii x xTM x Isle De France.

I forget which were worked into our last deal.. Maxima Dark x Spectabilis? :scratch:

Nice batch looks like you got a good germination, I also don't do anything special, mix the soil and toss the seeds on top ;)

Although I run Spagnum moss thru the blender and use it 100% as a medium and I just started experimenting with 100% coconut fiber.

Dodge

Took a couple new pictures today of the nep seedlings

b-77.jpg

a-83.jpg

Aww... wook at da widdle tiny pitchews!

Back