What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

they are here Hamata clone 3 and clone 4

uphwiz

jimmy
I just got them to day , the order was placed back on march 3rd , I think now looking back it wasnt that long, but still it was very hard for me, I am like most people, I want it now , RIGHT NOW LOL.
They look pretty healthy and well shipped, the box was even somewhat cool inside , due to the insulated box, ( cant spell styrofoam ???), here they are and a video of me opening them up
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUCd83T_1hE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUCd83T_1hE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>.
Here they are in their new home in the highland terrarium, and all wrapped up in some fresh live sphagnum, along with some good quality dead LFS, little perlite, few pieces of charcoal ,and few pieces fir bark . Does that sound OK for them, its how i did the other two seed grown hamatas.

IMG_2025.jpg
IMG_2028.jpg
I also won two seed grown Hamatas back in April, this one is growing very well , the other is doing well but not like this, this plant just had tiny seedling pitchers when i got it, and the three larger pitchers you see, have all developed since Ive had it, the other one still hasnt finished inflating the first one yet, and it looks like its going to be another seedling sized pitcher. but i do think its fine, just going to be slower than the other seed grown plant
Here He is .
IMG_2030.jpg
IMG_2031-1.jpg

Very nice, I have noticed that some seedgrown hamatas are much faster than others, mine went from 1.5in to 4.5in in one year.

Cool hamatas. Hope they do well for you :D

Very nice, I have noticed that some seedgrown hamatas are much faster than others, mine went from 1.5in to 4.5in in one year.

just means your clone happens to grow faster than some in TC.....has nothing to do with seed grown versus TC....has to do with clone versus clone......far more likely to run into a runt in seed grown than TC just due to the variability of the genetic material in play....

Congrats! Still waiting on my order to come in, it's floating around SOMEWHERE... Not sure which clone I got though.

Very nice, the two you won must have been from Davids batch he germinated, turning out to be very beautiful plants! and good luck with the wistuba clones :) with any luck your seedgrown plants will be female, and you already have a couple males there with you....;)

just means your clone happens to grow faster than some in TC.....has nothing to do with seed grown versus TC....has to do with clone versus clone......far more likely to run into a runt in seed grown than TC just due to the variability of the genetic material in play....

Huh, I've always heard that most seed grown neps are more vigorous than thier TC counterparts....:scratch:

Huh, I've always heard that most seed grown neps are more vigorous than thier TC counterparts....:scratch:

Growing plants from seed is a genetic crap shoot, for better or for worse; and you'll get some vigorous plants, some not so much so, and others of varying size and color.

Generally speaking, TC plants are a bit more delicate (the leaves tend to be thinner in cross section and overly sensitive to humidity changes) in terms of cultivation; but the flip side is that you have a known quantity there, so far as a desired clone is concerned. Those clones were selected for a reason -- vigor, color, size -- and micro-propagated.

Seed offers variety; TC offers surety . . .

here is the other seed grown hamata, its now growing a little faster, and seems to have a little more red to it than the other seed grown hamata. in the first post here.
IMG_2314.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg

the wistuba clones are still adjusting not much sign of growth yet ,but you can see a little color to the already existing pitcher on clone 3.

Ohhh wow! Fantastic Hamatas! I love them when they're little- so cute!
Mine is a seed grown, although I don't know which clone, and it is beautiful. Nice green pitchers with maroon speckling and peristome. Beautiful. It's a pretty fast grower for me, so far. I was told from the grower, and online, that the youngins needs HIGH humidity.

Rats. I wish I still had my hamata. :crap:

It will have been three months next week , so I thought I would do an update ,
at this point I would have to say clone 3 is somewhat more vigorous than 4,
but clone 4 is doing ok.
the last two pics are of the fast growing seed grown plant , :0o:
and the other seed grown plant is still slow but alive , not worth a pic yet.
click on pics for close ups

Awesome, i cant wait for my 3 to be that big :D

:drool: I can't wait for my 3 to get here! I'm waiting ever so patiently..

Extraordinary color on those Hamatas :3

those pics are really trying my resolve to hold off on more neps right now, i love them

How much does it cost total for shipping and a Nepenthes Hamata from wistuba?

Back