What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby V

Starting to look the part :)
N_villosa.jpg

Av

Houston!!! WE HAVE TEETH!!! :D

fantastic mate... fantastic!!

very nice. mine's is no where near yours. although it does have a basal :)

Thanks V, Amp.... knock on wood it seems to be growing at a pretty good rate IMHO

Av

awww what a cute little pitcher!

Great plant and my favorite Nepenthes. My plant was terribly tiny when I received it but is also beginning to look the part. I'm sure it will do great under your care . . .

Beautiful plant. It's already starting to show that amazing peristome!

Butch...that plant in your link...this is a family site...it's verging on inappropriately attractive it's so hot looking!

:-))

Now I want to get one, but I don't want to deal with putting the little bugger in the fridge every night.

hehehehe such a tease huh Zu ;)

Well I dont do that, nor do I do frozen water bottles.... but to be fair I do have a basement :)

hehehehe such a tease huh Zu ;)

Well I dont do that, nor do I do frozen water bottles.... but to be fair I do have a basement :)

:lol:

How cold does it get in your basement? It's 75ish during the day and upper50s/lower60s during the night for n-3 months of the year here (and a touch cooler for 2 months of the other 9) which sounds warmer, at least at night, than most people have their villosas. If it's not...well then, I should have bought one instead of an overly expensive macrophylla instead!

winters are low 50's, maybe high 40's on the coldest nights (-20f)... summers are 70-ish
No night time drop to speak of, just seasonal variances

Butch

Huh, in that case...it requires really high humidity at daytime and saturation at night though, doesn't it? They don't cost too too much so maybe I'll give 'em a try when I have spare money again...

I dunno Zu, it sits on the rack with everything else in my collection.... one thing is i used an unglazed Terracotta orchid/lotus pot, so it has vertical drainage/ventilation slits and and is also constantly cool from evaporation (I always have airflow in my plant rack)

It may be helping to keep the roots cool

It seems like I should pot helis, nep villosa and cobra lillies in pure perlite or pumice with a strand or a couple of lfs up the center, sitting in a pot of water, like I keep the one ping I've been able to keep alive. Maybe I'll try it as an experiment with a nep villosa the next time I see two on sale somewhere...having a big reservoir of water sitting there really helps to mediate the temperatures (like Lake Geneva keeps Geneva cool) because I'm not sure I want to water *every* day. :suspect: I'm up for experimenting for the greater good though...

Considering the temps it's growing in, I might try one of these one day.....;)

Back