What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends in lowii places

While tidying up my grow area, I chanced upon this lowii-life character and his new partner in crime, suspiciously lurking amongst the Nepenthes pots.

IMG_3329-1.jpg

Before they were gathered up and held in the cooler overnight, I was able to get a couple of mugshots of these culprits.

IMG_3316-1.jpg
;)

dvg

Those look awesome. Too bad my Lowii aint happy at the moment.

I love those hairs on the underside. and the peristome.

Looking great. Among my favorite species without a doubt. So how big are the pitchers, and how old is the plant? I've a little lowii about the size of a dime that hasn't barely grown in the past year. Slow as molasses!

What type of cooling system do you have?

Once again, beautiful and creepy at the same time . . .

Thanks guys,

Looking great. Among my favorite species without a doubt. So how big are the pitchers, and how old is the plant? I've a little lowii about the size of a dime that hasn't barely grown in the past year. Slow as molasses!

Nightsky, those pitchers are very close to four inches tall. The pitcher on the right is the first pitcher to be made by a basal shoot in the pot.

When I got this plant in the fall of '07, it wasn't much bigger than your lowii is now. Now the main plant is about 8" in diameter and the basal in the same pot is about 6.5" wide.

What type of cooling system do you have?

A Canadian basement.:-))

Once again, beautiful and creepy at the same time . . .

Beautiful and creepy, eh?

Ever notice how those two seem to go hand in hand in the CP world. ;)

dvg

Now let's see some uppers..... ;)

Mine also falls in the dime category. It actually made a new leaf in the couple months I had it. Yay!

lol Like the "plot"! beautiful plants!

Haha BuddhistAdam, fortunately these two were interrupted before they could hatch their dastardly plot. ;)

dvg

oooo.. sweet! I get my lowii tomorrow.

Back