What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leaves turning red?? help?

the rest of my neps under the same bulb are fine, just this belliixtruncata is doing this. im thinking its getting burnt, maybe the lights i have it under are stronger or just closer than the vendor i got it from, will it slowly acclimate to the stronger lights?

P6190030.jpg

P6190026.jpg

P6190029.jpg

Thank you in advance for your inputs.
-Javier

It should be fine.
Just a lighting difference.

New growth does most of the acclimating for the plant. The old growth can tolerate really subtle changes, but if it's drastic, the old leaves tend to just kinda die back gradually over time while the new growth becomes super hardy. Nice plant by the way.

mine is 8 inches from a 4 bulb t-5 HO unit and is lighter and has some reddening on the leaves, the pitchers started out at 2 1/2 inches when i got it, and have gotten smaller down to about 2 inches or a little less. also it's in a lowland terrarium 90 + day and 78 to low 80s at night , it should do fine as it adjusts to your lights
Click on pic for closer view.

Back