What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata, QoH x KoS.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
This is one of mine that is starting to show some color.
How are everybody's doing? Lets see them.
JMatt

dsc045024288650.jpg

dsc045034338773.jpg

Wow looking great JMatt! Recieved mine a couple weeks ago, finally starting to get on track
IMG_4209.jpg

Wow, that puts mine to shame... its not even worth showing now.

Yours is looking great. Mine is staying very small. It is growing well but not getting any bigger with not much color in the pitchers yet.

What the heck are u feeding that thing Jmatt?? Damnn!!! lol!! wicked plant mate. :D

Thanks!
I joined in on the coffie craze and gave it a good dose about a month ago.
I also give my plants a week liquid fertilizer like twice a month in the pitchers and soil, urea free.
Seems to be doing ok with it.
JMatt

jmatt - that is quite the gorgeous plant you got going there, but what plant of yours isnt ;D
how big is it now? gotta be nearing the 3 1/2" or 4" mark?

Your plant's size blows mine out of the water JMatt! I will definitely have to try using coffee soon.

I have another that is much smaller. This plant here I got when they first became available from Tony P. It has a bit of a jump start on my other one.
My little one is also showing good color even small. I will try and get a picture of that too on here.
JMatt

Yeah I just got mine a couple weeks ago from the same grower. The pitcher in the pic is the first one put on in my care. I just hope mine is as big as yours come this time next year. I was scared to buy one at first thinking they might not be as colorful as the parents but most all of the seedlings I have seen in pics seem to have great potential.

:0o:

Very. Very. Remarkably nice.

What size pot is that in? Mine, in theory, should be as big as yours, because it too, is from the first batch available. Unlike yours, and despite many new leaves, it's not much bigger than when I got it, and unless that's camera trickery, no where near as big as yours.

Please tell me what you did with the coffee? Just some coffee grounds on top of the media, right? Any particular amount?

No camera trickery here! I do have both of my plants growing in a tank in the basement under lights. It's good cool and humid for them. The pot I believe is a four inch pot although it does flare open a little more at the top. Ionly give my plants leftover cooled liquid coffee poured right into the media. I've only done it once for those plants so far. I couldn't get to it today, but I will try and post some pictures of both plants tomorrow.
Jmatt

Thought I'd join in on the party as well.

Here's one of mine, growing in a five inch pot and finally starting to show some color.

IMG_3377-1.jpg

IMG_3390-1.jpg

dvg

That looks awesome!
I think these are really going to be spectacular when they really get big!
Being seed grown makes them even more special.
JMatt

Jeez some of yours have nice size already. Looks like they may be fairly quick growers in the right conditions.

Thanks JMatt. I like the idea of everyone growing unique seedlings, and these are all starting to look very promising.

Nightsky, when I first got mine, I tried growing them in highland conditions, but they were not looking too happy.

So I decided to try them in intermediate room temp conditions and they are a lot happier now.

Mine are grown on the basement floor and out in the open, under fluorescent lights. The temperature in the basement stays around 70F day and night, but with the lights going off, that probably drops the temps around the plants a few degrees or more.

dvg

A quick update on my two truncatas.
I can't wait to see everyone's in a year from now.
The last picture is a little out of focus, but you see it is coloring up too.
JMatt

dsc045249308687.jpg

dsc045199356323.jpg

dsc045239486282.jpg

dsc045229456219.jpg

Looking great Jmatt. :) Both of mine look like your second one.

Jmatt,
Those are huge.
I'm going to try the coffee tomorrow.
They should be easy to get seed from in a few years with so many seed grown plants.

Here are a couple of mine:

NtruncataQxK1.jpg

NtruncataQxK2.jpg

Back