What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

havent posted pics in awhile

June is usually my busiest month, havent been home for a weekend yet in the last 4.....so other than checking to make sure things are watered i have completely ignored them.....

N. densiflora x truncata 'King of Clubs'......the flash brightened it up, actually fairly dark under normal light
DSCF0076.jpg

N. eymae x veitchii
DSCF0092.jpg

N. thorelii x aristo i believe
DSCF0089.jpg

N.x 'Peter D'Amato'......a newly opened pitcher with an older more colored up one behind it...
DSCF0088.jpg

the N. lowii took a big leap in the last 30 days, those two large leaves werent there in May...
DSCF0086.jpg

N. flava
DSCF0084.jpg

N. burbidgeae
DSCF0080.jpg

N. izumae x xTrusmadiensis
DSCF0078.jpg

Great pics! I really like the N.flava. What kind of grow setup do you have?

the kind you would expect from a backwater ed-jew-mah-kated hillbilly......lots of plastic drop cloths and duct tape :D

basically i built a 7x7x7 greenhouse in my basement and placed shelves and a dozen 4 foot T8 fixtures in it and then ignore the plants and just let them grow.....

Is your basement naturally cool because of the climate you live in? Because your highland plants seems to be doing great.

mid 80's during the day cause the lights.....low 60's nights in fall/winter/spring.....high 60's nights during the summer.....summer is my biggest issue cause we can hit 110.....winter cooling is easy.....nightly lows of -40 in Dec/Jan/Feb is common....-60 isnt that rare....

Wow. Thanks for the info. :)

That lowii isn't one of those worthless tissue culture clones, is it? Nice growth on it.

why yes it is :D out of a US TC lab no less..............

that thorelii x aristo cross looks very nice. it managed to maintain aristo characteristics. :)

its pretty much a weed aswell......much easier to grow than pure aristo

Lookin' good! I've always loved that eymae x veitchii

Ya great plants Rattler! Been a while since ive seen pics from yuh. lol

The eymae x veitchii is my favorite as well. Looking good.

Great stuff, rattler! Keep ignoring your plants, it's working! :)

still dont think i have half the greenthumb you do Max......your setup would even make my wife happy from the pics i have seen.....every time i bring my wife into the greenhouse to show here an orchid thats blooming i get scolded for the mess......looks like a tornado hit it on a good day.....

Does it look anything like this?
P1120566.jpg

much, much worse

That is an interesting potting arrangement for an N. Lowii

Very nice plant pics as usual. Do you have any pics of your veitchii?
Thanks
Adam

Nice plants rattler!

Srduggins,
If my grow area looked anything like that, I wouldn't care what the wife said! I would gladly setup a cot next to them. LOL.

Back