What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show your Nepenthes dubia

Hi all. I just received these wonderful Seed grown Nepenthes dubia in the mail today. I am very happy with the quality and health of these. I look forward to ordering more of these and other plants from the same place.

a-80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yours are even redder than mine! i've gotten two as well.

DSCN3444.jpg

yours are even redder than mine! i've gotten two as well.

DSCN3444.jpg

Your N. dubia look very nice. I hope yours darken as they grow more. I'll be keeping this thread updated every pitcher, lol.

actually, im hoping that i get the lime green pitchers with the orange peristome. i'd be happy with that. i have enough plants that produce red pitchers in my collection, N. jamban for instance.

actually, im hoping that i get the lime green pitchers with the orange peristome. i'd be happy with that. i have enough plants that produce red pitchers in my collection, N. jamban for instance.

I hope my N. jamban darkens in color. Mine seems to be one of the lighter clones.

j-22.jpg

Good looking plants!

Seedgrown. :drool:

This is my lil N. dubia when I received it
ndubia002.jpg

Looks like I need to get out and take some newer pics :)

Dubia.....hard in ITALY

Even in the Canteen I encounter difficulties growing this plant nicely....Summer is too hot....and I am trying to keep my place cool in the 2 hot Summer months by reducing to half the Neon Lights....from 16 h x day to 8 with half of light in order not to produce too much heat.
The heat must be dissiped totally during the 16 Hours of LIGHTS OFF.

As soon the temperatures remains around 22 min and 25 max ( celcius ) some clones already begins to show some light suffering....( for example...loosing the old pitchers...and reduncing pitchers number on the same plant).

I find more difficult N. dubia than N. inermis.

Some time ago...it was discovered in nature some dubias growing around 1100 Mt o.t. Seaside....any news if now they have been micropropagated?

Mr_Aga
ITALY

ting: mine looked the same...now it has no pitchers, but bringing it down to the lower 60's at night has helped it to not-die.

MrAga: And here I thought N. dubia would be easier than the inermis I almost killed :-/

Here's a pic of mine...had it a couple months already, glad to see it wants to work on some pitchers again (click for bigger)--

seems stable for the moment even the last leaf seems to have envy to pitcher!

N. dubia is more difficultier tha N. inermis.

i've placed my N. dubia along side my N. villosa where it gets low 40s high 30s at night. so far so good.

time to get this thread back on the road!
here's mine from a shot last night:
DSCN3782.jpg

Wow that is NICE amph! Can't wait til mine pitchers again!

thanks thez! hope yours pitchers soon!

Looking real good Amp. I cant wait till mine start pitchering, LOL.

That one is gorgeous!!

Ok, here's mine. No pitchers but hopefully soon..
PC020045.jpg

PC020046.jpg

those neps look awesome

Last edited:
@thez: your leaves are so dark? how'd you do that?

Back