What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mouse tale

I got a bit verbose here, so my apologies.

Anyway, about a week ago I noticed this N.lowii had a damaged lid. I thought maybe I had broken it while watering or moving plants around. (All photos were taken today.)

27e3e7f5.jpg

Yesterday I noticed similar damage on a young Nepenthes ephippiata up on a shelf, so I then took a look at a larger plant and found this:

c207702d.jpg

4d3a8832.jpg

I suspected a critter was at work, so last night I set a trap near the larger N. ephippiata and caught a mouse.

After taking the above photos and disposing of the mouse, I peeked in the pitcher. At least the plant received some food in exchange for the lid damage!

47220bdb.jpg

Guess this qualifies as a "mouse toilet".
(Mice seldom act alone, so I'll be setting more traps...)
Cheers,
Mac (kpg)

Last edited:
oh dang.. popped his eye right out of his head.

*insert witty comment about a blown up/crushed head here*

sorry im not smart enough. :blush:

Talk about a headache.....

he got caught, so he must not have used his head..
oh wait, yes he did..

should use head for something other than target.....

Thank you for removing that photo.

That'll be the end of his head games

This is like hanging out with Austin Powers, ugh. Not as funny without the photo as well.

What, there was a photo?

Edit: Shoulda used my head..

With out the photo I feel like everyone here is head and sholders above me on what is going on.....best I could do.

Never saw the pic...

That's what you get when you stick your nose in other people's business.

That mouse would have been fine had it been ill-tempered and had lazer beams on its head, or was that sea-bass.

That's no way to get ahead in the game.

The Rodent Times article headding: The search for Mickey, missing for 48 hours now...

Ahahahaha! The comments are hilarious here. I think I'm gonna second what Amphirion said, though ;)

I didn't get to see the picture, but from the sounds of it he didn't keep his eye on the prize.

That mouse sure was scatterbrained at times.....

Back