What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiny lids

Several of my neps have developed pitchers where the lids stop growing when the pitchers are very small, and the pitchers look a little deformed and never get very big. I know this is may be a humidity issue, but I'm trying to grow these on a windowsill (sang and copelandii). I thought they would adjust, but it's been several months. Any tips?

sounds like it isnt getting enough sun. leaves become deformed after a while growing in low light conditions. Whats the soil, how often do you water, and how many hours of direct light do you get in that window.

The soil is 50/50 LFS/perlite, I water 3ish times a week, and it's an east facing window with 3-4 hours of direct sun.

The same happened for me with a lowii. I had it for around 2y and it was a 8" plant that pitchered regularly but with only deformed prematurely-opening small lids. This was while a lot of other neps such as hamata, villosa, rajah, jacquelineae pitcher well around it. I got fed up and got rid of it.

Back