What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new neps & pitchers pics

thez_yo

instigator
densiflora X truncata king of spades just opening:
P7090012.jpg

alata variegata (just came through the mail today!!!):
P7090001.jpg

P7090002.jpg

and a wee little jamban finally opening a big pitcher in the jungle!
P7090004.jpg

P7090006.jpg

P7090010.jpg

nice! I ove that varigated alata!!

Very nice! Just a question, isn't it supposed to be N. densiflora x "King of Clubs"?

Very nice! Just a question, isn't it supposed to be N. densiflora x "King of Clubs"?

Thanks...and maybe? lemme look at the tag again...so it is!

Dang it! Everyone's getting variegated alatas! o.o

Good looking pitchers!

They look nice!

Thanks everyone :-D

nice pics how s the macro doin

Well, here's some pics!

macro:
P7100017.jpg

P7100018.jpg

P7100019.jpg

and a bonus hamata pitcher:
P7100020.jpg

P7100021.jpg

Macro is looking good. What is the source? BE? I have a wistuba macro and it just isn't growing. I've been babying it for two years and it is barely alive and hasn't put on any size at all. I'm wondering if I just got a really weak tc plant. It is my most troublesome plant. I'm jealous of yours!

Macro is looking good. What is the source? BE? I have a wistuba macro and it just isn't growing. I've been babying it for two years and it is barely alive and hasn't put on any size at all. I'm wondering if I just got a really weak tc plant. It is my most troublesome plant. I'm jealous of yours!

BE
Bummer to hear that - I've had a few plants like that too unfortunately (not macro, but still expensive).

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Pretty plants!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Here's some more pics--

royal truncata baby (latest pitcher):
P7100009.jpg

P7100010.jpg

exotic lady:
P7100011.jpg

P7100012.jpg

spathulataXmira:
P7100013.jpg

bongso var robusta:
P7100014.jpg

...and d.scorpioides as an extra pic ;)
P7100022-1.jpg

Thez, great plants! Do you grow all your plants on the balcony?

Thez, great plants! Do you grow all your plants on the balcony?

Thanks, and almost. Right now the only things inside are all of my orchids, bromeliads, fern, scheffleria, petiolaris sundews, lowlander neps (ampXsibu as a test, eustachya, raff, albo X 2, campanulata as a test), utric nelumbifolia, utric longifolia, alocasia amazonica, theobroma cacao, sapote & tamarind trees. Got the ceph and drosera pullings inside for propagation too.

Once we get the Santa Ana winds in Aug/Sept where it's 90deg all day and night long, I'm going to have to trade out the lowlander neps, hot utrics, and petiolaris sundews with the UH/L's - I was just thinking about it this morning (because I'm going to turn the A/C on inside so I don't melt too ;)). I'll have to pull in the dubia, aristolochioides, densiflora, Helis, argentii, villosa, & Darlingtonia in. And anything else that starts looking angry...which likely contains the glabrata, gynamphora, macrophylla and one of the triumvirate mikei/izumiae/ramispina because they all look alike and angry in that heat for me.

The N. macrophylla looks a bit dry. The moss on top of my mix never gets crispy. Light looks on the high side too. Maybe put up a little window screen to give them a bit of shade? Might help some too on keeping the mix a little moister for longer periods.

Awesome!

The N. macrophylla looks a bit dry. The moss on top of my mix never gets crispy. Light looks on the high side too. Maybe put up a little window screen to give them a bit of shade? Might help some too on keeping the mix a little moister for longer periods.

:blush: changed it to perlite:lfs this morning, hopefully it picks up some leaves.

Here's more pics from today, whee!
N.ovata (baby):
P7120039.jpg

N.thorelliiXcampanulata - the same pitcher from a month or so ago, but darkened up a bit:
P7120038.jpg

...and its lid exudate (nasty sticky gooey stuff)
P7120037.jpg

N.exotic lady (just opened today, will probably darken a little):
P7120036.jpg

P7120035.jpg

P7120034.jpg

And a new Haeckel Print nepenthes tray that I just bought (decoupaged):
P7120033.jpg

Back