What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Give Up

After seven years without producing a pitcher, my n. gracilis has finally grown a new pitcher. And it's an upper! Here it is... :awesome:

gracilis.jpg

TF should have a "Like" function here just like FB. :) Cause I "LIKE" this.

NICE! That looks oddly like the newly re-named "N.alba"... ???

I'm going to go scream at all of my sangs, telling them that they're ugly. THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!

Congrats on being so patient! Pays off, nice one.

very nice

7 years is tough. Ican't ever figure out when to execute a plant that is still alive, even if disappointing.

7 years without a pitcher / That's insane / Congrats

Man that's a long time. You are far more patient than I. But wow that is a fantastic pitcher.

I almost entered it as a "Pitcher of the Month" but I figured it would be more encouraging as a thread of its own.

Hey Herm!
Congrats and nice patience!
Perhaps the thought of moving has lifted its spirits!

(Are you still doing the "move"? Thought you did already actually.)
Well, I'm glad the Nep is pitchering finally. AND glad it is the right variety!
Some people get a plant and then when it finally pitchers, it turns out to be a different
variety than expected!

Nice Growing! :bigthumpup:

Well, I always knew it was a gracilis. I bought it from D'Amato back in 1999. For the first three years, it did fine, and it regularly produced lower pitchers. But I had some economic tough times and couldn't give it the care it needed. It was the only CP from my San Jose collection that survived what the economy put me through. But, it has taken a long time to bounce back.

As for the move, I'm doing that at the end of July. So, I'm still in the packing phase.

Thanks,

-Hermes.

Woah, that plant is awesome! I love the curl, and the plant's color itself. Congrats!

What did you do different with it? I took mine out of the grow box due to it's size.. and it continued to grow, but stopped pitchering.

Looks great! I guess patience really is a virtue...

Patience really hit ya like a boomerang, Hermopolis. I can't get over how beautiful that pitcher is! I mean, I know people that weren't even born 7 years ago. LOTS of people.

Back