What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good day to chop up some Nep's?

Today seems like a good day to start chopping up some Nepenthes again... :-))

Question is which ones???

better question is what are you going to do with the pieces? need my address?

LOL

Think I'll chop up some ventricosa x ramispina today :)

Well here are a few of the cuttings, I took 4 total

These 2 are in the planter with the mother plant seen in the background
IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

An adult pitcher
IMG_3969.jpg

And Maxima dark X Truncata, your next... if I ever get my lazy but up and chop you :)

HPIM2797.jpg

I'm new, so bear with me...

I understand that this is a method of propagation, but what happens to the base part of the original plant? Will it just keep growing from where you made the chop?

Cool plant btw... or should I say plants... =)

I've actually been wondering the same thing LOL

Yep, it will bud out from the nodes on the leaves below the cut, i will post a pic showing that tomorrow

Ah, that makes sense.

Yep, it will bud out from the nodes on the leaves below the cut, i will post a pic showing that tomorrow

Thanks, Dodge!

I'm new, so bear with me...

I understand that this is a method of propagation, but what happens to the base part of the original plant? Will it just keep growing from where you made the chop?

Cool plant btw... or should I say plants... =)

Here is a picture showing the Mother Plant recovering and with 2 new growth points from the nodes , actually it helps to make a bushy plant rather than a long viney one :D

IMG_3978.jpg

Cool. Thanks for the pic!

Back